More notification sounds not available?

Hawkinau

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a ONE X and have just reset it to factory default as it was starting to get laggy, I have had 8 Android phones in the last 18 mths ( I have a phone fetish) and all have been HTC except my Galaxy S 2 however when setting up notification sounds on any of my android devices I have always gone to the "Get More" in the notification sound list in settings and a bunch of other sounds are shown and I always d/l "Shooter" as its loud and distinct, however now I click "Get More" it does a search and comes back with "No available content, Tap to refresh", I don't know what I have missed or haven't done this time, yes I have internet connection and when I go through the same procedure in the Ringtone settings it works and I can d/l more ringtones :confused: anyone got any answers other than resetting it again and starting from scratch?

Hawkinau

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Changing your ringtone, notifications, and sounds

Sorry guys found the part of the answer myself, hope it helps someone else who has a blonde moment lol, although it didn't solve the inability to get more notification sounds through the phone features by hitting the "Get More" button it does allow you to add your own downloaded sounds, a good place to get them is http://www.zedge.net
However if anyone can help with the D/L notification sounds through the phone's "Get More" button issue it would be appreciated.

Change the ringtone, notification sound, and alarm from the Personalize screen.

Choose a ringtone or notification sound from where ever on your PC connect your phone to PC and transfer it to your ringtone folder on your phone,

On your phone slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap > Personalize. On the Sound tab, tap Sound set. Choose a sound set you want to customize (Ring tone, Notification or Alarm), and get your new sound by hitting the + Add at the top of the screen and choosing your new sound and then tap Apply.

All done

HTC One X automatically saves your choices to the current sound set.

I have a ONE X and have just reset it to factory default as it was starting to get laggy, I have had 8 Android phones in the last 18 mths ( I have a phone fetish) and all have been HTC except my Galaxy S 2 however when setting up notification sounds on any of my android devices I have always gone to the "Get More" in the notification sound list in settings and a bunch of other sounds are shown and I always d/l "Shooter" as its loud and distinct, however now I click "Get More" it does a search and comes back with "No available content, Tap to refresh", I don't know what I have missed or haven't done this time, yes I have internet connection and when I go through the same procedure in the Ringtone settings it works and I can d/l more ringtones :confused: anyone got any answers other than resetting it again and starting from scratch?

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
And you can prevent reoccurrence of this problem by simply stop resetting the phone to factory.
Get rid of crappie apps that lag your phone.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

Hawkinau

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
And you can prevent reoccurrence of this problem by simply stop resetting the phone to factory.
Get rid of crappie apps that lag your phone.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the reply, yes in hindsight that would have been a good idea but its to late to shut the stable door now the horse has bolted, I have used the phone for 5 months untouched and I did uninstall a lot of apps the weren't being used however this is now and I have to deal with the issue at hand so your input hasn't really helped, but thanks anyway

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance