Any thoughts on Nexus 4 VS HOX + ?

dav2321

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
This is interesting, I like the pure Google UI on the Nexus phones-but- the increased storage on the HOX +, tegra chip,LTE. Is anything swaying you guys one way or the other?

bbdub

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I am wondering the same thing as you. I actually really like Sense and love the design of the X+ but the Nexus looks really nice too! Right now I am leaning X+. Really wnat to see how much the camera is improved on the new Nexus.

jfgen

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah me and a friend of mine pre-ordered our One X + and are now waiting for it. I pretty much like everything better in the One X+, but the fact that it ships with 1 gig of ram instead of 2 (of the Nexus 4) makes me worry about future Android releases in, lets say a year from now.

dhughes

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I am leaning toward the one x+ as well. If the Nexus 4 has the same camera as the Optimus G, which it should since its based off that phone, it will be sub par. Read around most reviews of the Optimus G say the camera is not the best compared to the one x, sgs3 and iphone.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
So far the only advantage I see the HOX+ has is the 64GB of storage and LTE. Other than that, I'll have to say the Nexus 4 gives you more bang for your buck.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

bbdub

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I think I have heard about a U.S AT&T release is sometime before the holidays. That could be any day now! I know I am checking this site everyday to see when AT&T announces a release date. Can't come soon enough!

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
This is interesting, I like the pure Google UI on the Nexus phones-but- the increased storage on the HOX +, tegra chip,LTE. Is anything swaying you guys one way or the other?

Screens will be fairly equal. Processor I'd give to the nexus. Ram nexus 2gb one x 1gb. Sense vs vanilla is preference. Battery life will be fairly equal. Price nexus. One x has lte and bigger storage. Most of the other things like screen processor camera battery life will probably not even be noticeable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

anon(104764)

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm very tempted by the ability to purchase a device with these specs out of contract. In my location, LTE isn't available but HSPA+ works very well. I'm also researching some prepaid services with smaller carriers that use AT&T's network to get service for about 50-60 a month. $350 for a device that will keep me busy until we see what next year or 2014 has to offer is a pretty sweet deal. 64, 32 or 16 gig (as long as its not 8) doesn't matter because most of my media is in the cloud.

teletraan1

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat: One X+ or Nexus. I stick to unlocked non-carrier branded phones so if I go One X+ it will be full price (i.e. double the price of the Nexus). That's pretty huge. But 16gb hardly seems like enough storage. I'm torn!

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Well.. I have a One X now... Rooted with the RebelMod Jelly Bean ROM... I would get the one x + if I were in the market for a new phone.. Wait for an exploit, root it, rom it... Bam=nexus phone.... Although the Nexus 4 looks awesome, especially for the price, I can't bring myself to buy anything LG... Every LG product that I have had has been defective; from phones to washing machines....

In all reality, both these phones are great though! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy