Best prepaid network for unlocked AT&T One X?

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm on tmobile right now and the data speeds are very slow. Like .03 mbps download. Any one know a good prepaid network for it?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
And the thing is tmobile service in my area is great. And normally I would be getting hspa+, but for some reason I'm only getting edge on the one x.

robertnv

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, there are none. Simple Mobile is GSM but doesn't support any descent phones even if available in your area.

Cricket, Metro PCS and Boost are all CDMA. I just left at&t and flashed a Sprint phone to Cricket.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading up on straight talk and it seems they use both T-Mobile and AT&T towers. Better chance of faster data I suppose.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
And the thing is tmobile service in my area is great. And normally I would be getting hspa+, but for some reason I'm only getting edge on the one x.

The thing is, the AT&T Hox (or even the international HOX) can't roam onto T-Mo towers because they use a different frequency for their HSPA+ and the HOX, (either model) doesn't have that capability. (No 1700Mhz band radio).

So you end up with EDGE.

Your best bet is to take the phone to Straight Talk, and they will put you back on AT&T towers but not as a direct customer of AT&T.
You won't get LTE, but you should get HSPA+ which is pretty fast in most areas.

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
The thing is, the AT&T Hox (or even the international HOX) can't roam onto T-Mo towers because they use a different frequency for their HSPA+ and the HOX, (either model) doesn't have that capability. (No 1700Mhz band radio).

So you end up with EDGE.

Your best bet is to take the phone to Straight Talk, and they will put you back on AT&T towers but not as a direct customer of AT&T.
You won't get LTE, but you should get HSPA+ which is pretty fast in most areas.

Dude as long as I can get more than edge ill love you forever rofl thanks for the info

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech