Does NFC on the One X even work?

EngineersRule

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I turned on NFC on my one x to send some pics to my brothers new note 2 just to try it out but the dam thing doesn't work. The note 2 works fine with the s3.

So does android beam even work on the one x? :'(

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I turned on NFC on my one x to send some pics to my brothers new note 2 just to try it out but the dam thing doesn't work. The note 2 works fine with the s3.

So does android beam even work on the one x? :'(

I had the same problem trying to send a pic to my brother in laws s3 but couldn't,I think it has to do with the different beams lol,s3 and note 2 use s-beam while one x and others use android beam. :confused:

Sent from my awesome HTC one x:)

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
It worked sending a pic to my friends S3 and another's gsm galaxy nexus. Check the settings again maybe?

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Samsung actually has software to send pics and play list by NFC interactions where HTC's does not. That is why it didn't work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

EngineersRule

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Well I warrantied my phone and got a new one. Now I can send Youtube links and such but kg4icg is right about the pictures, the note 2 sends my phone to the play store LOL. :D
Thanks for the help everyone.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
AFAIK the pic sharing only works from Jellybean onwards, while Samsung had s-beam in ICS which could send pics before JB.

Sent from my FJL21 using Tapatalk 2

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
AFAIK the pic sharing only works from Jellybean onwards, while Samsung had s-beam in ICS which could send pics before JB.

Sent from my FJL21 using Tapatalk 2

Android Beam was a feature introduced in ICS. You could Beam to any other device that has it enabled except Samsung because they set up their own proprietary sharing system. They joth use NFC but Sammy tweaked theirs.

I was able to share items back and forth from my Lumia 920 to my HOX. It would occasionally send me to Play store but it worked overall.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the problem is Samsung used a proprietary protocol.
HTC does it right as do most of the other manufacturers. iPhone doesn't do it at all. (lol).

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the problem is Samsung used a proprietary protocol.
HTC does it right as do most of the other manufacturers. iPhone doesn't do it at all. (lol).

And probably won't until the iPhone 6S. Then it will be "the next big thing"

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
And probably won't until the iPhone 6S. Then it will be "the next big thing"

Only bragging rights they'll have is "Do the touchy thingy like the Samsung galaxy s3 and HTC one x and other better phones could before we had it but hey,you got it this year.. :D " lol..

Sent from my awesome HTC one x:)

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
No they won't even mention it and pretend they invented it. Any speculation on the HTC/apple pattent deal??

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
No they won't even mention it and pretend they invented it. Any speculation on the HTC/apple pattent deal??

What gives with that.? Does that mean they'll be able to incorporate things patented by one another in their phones w/o any problem.?

My one x is better then you one x!!
/
D:
\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech