Speaker volume extremely low

ajp8806

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
We have 2 hox's since launch day and couldn't be happier. My wife has the white one and recently the external speaker has been abysmal. Music, calls, navigation can't be heard unless you put your ear up to the speaker. This is really annoying me (even though it's my wife's phone). I'm going to un-install all downloaded apps and reboot, but if that doesn't work, are there any ideas out there outside of doing a factory reset (which is what I'm going to do if I can't figure this out).

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't uninstall all downloaded apps. That is NEVER the problem, and a factory reset isn't likely to help either.

By external speaker, I presume you mean Internal Speaker, because the HOX does not come with an external speaker.

In settings,under Sound, check Volumes, and look at all the sliders in there. There are sliders for various things. Make sure they are all set high.
Then check that the volume rocker isn't being accidentally pressed to the DOWN direction, by any case on the phone or the way she handles it.

Since it used to work (guessing that's what you meant by "recently") its possible something happened to the speaker on the back of the phone (near .
(Water, something plugging or covering the grill, stuffed full of pocket lint?) It could need repair.

ajp8806

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Yes, that's what I meant, the speaker on the back of the phone. I have checked and re-checked all the volume settings and the sliders are all the way up. It's very possible the speaker needs to be repaired, somehow getting damaged. I was already told not to un-install the apps on the phone, lol, as it doesn't really bother her.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908