First Impressions moving from a One X to a One X+

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
So these are just some quick impressions I have, will write a detailed one after I have had it for a little bi.

Build quality-same as the one x. I love the matte black one the 1x+. I'm not a fan of white devices so the black looks better to me.

Screen-again, apples to apple's here, best screen out there imo.

Jelly Bean- I am impressed so far how much faster this is than my one x. The one x was fast, bust this thing zips, very very little lag time if any moving between app and opening them. I really like the stock keyboard for texts/typing. It has a different vibration feel to it, better than my one x.

Phone design- not much different other than the color. Don't like red so not upset about the lack of red accents. Would love some blue ones. I really like the branding of at&t now is just the logo below the front phone speaker. Something small, but I like it.

Software-again, not much different, beats is nice. The amplifier on the back speaker is nice and you can tell a nice difference. Phone volume is better too.

Battery- no complaints, been setting it up a lot so I'm using a lot of it today, but on par with my one x, maybe a bit better. More to come on this.

What are some questions or thoughts?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
How much better is the loudspeaker for playing videos and music compared to the one x? This is one issue why I want the one x +. I have heard it has a dedicated amplifier chip for the speaker. So its a lot louder. The one x is weak. I've only had my one x for 4 months. Wish I could get AT&T to make me a deal. Even if I renew my contract early. Lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I haven't done much music playback yet. I will test and post my thoughts.

Hjortron

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
How's the multitasking? PhoneArena.com pointed out that the One X+ only lets you keep 8 apps open at any given time (HTC One X+ vs Samsung Galaxy S3 - Interface and Functionality). And perhaps even more importantly, it seems to reload browser tabs each time you return to them (so, if you're writing an email, or a forum post in one tab, pop out briefly to do something else, and then come back to the tab you were in, it will reload the tab & cause you to lose everything you were working on in it (!!!): (Check the same page, further down). I love the One X+ (am considering leaving the iPhone as my work phone, with the One X+ being the primary contender), but I'm very concerned about this. A few fixes have been posted (http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...ng-solution-without-needing-root-i-think.html), but I think it's kinda strange that we have to resort to fixes to restore basic functionality. I'd be interested in hearing what your experience is with day-to-day use of the phone. Do these things get in your way, or otherwise interfere with your enjoyment of it?

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I have not had any issues with multitasking. I am a heavy user of my phone and am in the financial world so I'm constantly looking at Bloomberg, precious metals prices, Fb and Twitter all through the day and I have no issues thus far. I am also battery conscious and usually close apps when I'm done with them to conserve power, just my preference. I really don't see the need to have more than 8 apps open at once, but that just my 2 pennies.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I haven had an issue with the multitasking. It hasn't reloaded Webb pages unless I closed the app. IMO eight apps open at once should be on.
The volume is better. Much louder.

One warning if you have tiered data: when you log in the phone will start downloading ALL of the apps the play store has remembered for you. It chewed through 2gb data on me before I caught it because phone was just idle while they installed the invisshield.

Overall I don't regret sending back the Lumia and selling the One X. After refund and buy back, paying for X+, screen protector and install I had $118 left on gift card to Best Buy. Overall not bad.

urbhusker

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I replaced my One X with the + on AT&T ( for $49 after a price match to Wal-Mart's gift card deal) and love the better WiFi signal

Warren Steiner

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
My one X was stolen, and so I had no choice but to upgrade to the One X+. Best thing I could have done, and so thanks to the guy who took my phone.
The One X+ is way ahead of the One X in terms of speed, and memory and battery life. Multitasking is great and I have the international version so I have 64 gb of memory. Best of all is the battery life. My One X used to run out of power by 5 pm. The One X+ is still at 75% by the time I go to sleep. It's the phone the One X should have been.

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
The OneX+ looks awesome and specs are real tight. So the big question: GAMING.

Adreno 300!!! How is it vs PowerVR Mali, etc..?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmm on mine it says betas isn't available on the loud speaker.there's a lot of things on here that don't seem to be rite :( my cameras grai y with pics. Video seems to be fine but pics are just wtf?

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
The OneX+ looks awesome and specs are real tight. So the big question: GAMING.

Adreno 300!!! How is it vs PowerVR Mali, etc..?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Let me put it this way it comes pre loaded with mass effect :) and let me say it's amazing. Need for speed. Almost smoother than the original Xbox 360. Invidia is a gaming company no doubt. It's just smooth no lagg no dropped frames. Coming from the inspire its like I put my cpu in and gpu in liquid nitrogen. Yea it's that amazing:) idk if it's a sense thing but atuntu bench mark makes it about 64 fps. (Frames per second) it's just wow.

Last edited:

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about jumping the gun to get me a one x+. What do you guys think.?
My one x is better then your one x!!
/
D:
\

I've been thinking about it for a while. But I'm having a really hard time justifying it... Might be better off waiting to see what the next crop of phones brings if you already have the One X. Plus the One X will feel/look like a new phone once we finally get Jelly Bean...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
So here's mine.
First I'd like to say what everyone has said; The One x+ is what the one x should of been,HTC should of waited untill it was able to make such a phone.
Form factor- Is HTC,so you can't expect nothing but the best.
Battery-When not in use,the 5th companion core that clocked at ~500mhz takes over, and the phone barely drops anything over a long period. I unplugged my 1x+ at 6 and after a period of 4hrs & 30min(I fell asleep again lol) it only dropped 6%. Which is awsome,my 1x would of dropped like 20%. When playing Graphic intense games like horn,nfs,mc3,the dark meadow,etc. The phone tends to get really warm around the bottom right of the camer lense,and battery drops pretty quickly,especially with tegra 3 optimized games(they utilize all 4 cores)
Display-Same good 'ole display in the 1x.
Camera- Now I know they claim to have put the same camera they used in the HTC one x,but I noticed that pictures weren't as bright as they were on my one x,pictures were just as good but only not as bright.
FF Camera- A lot better then the original one x's FF Camera,the 1.6Mp shooter is a lot better and removes a bunch of the "noiseiness" /haze from the pictures.
OS- Let me start off by saying.. DAM.. HTC sense 4+ and jellybean are all you could ask for to make a smooth phone. Project Butter really does make the phone amazingly smooth. The new skins that come with 4+ are a plus too,they look really nice(I'll include a picture of one of the one I'm usuing)
Storage- If your like me,and like playing games on your phone,and have lots of music and pics on your phone then you'll love the one x+'s 64,unpartioned(meaning when they say you get 64Gb,You Get 64Gb) Gb's. The storage isn't separate like on some other phones,it's all one "bank" that all files on the phone go to(I'll include a pic)
So all in all,it's a really great smartphone. I'm glad I got it instead of the note 2,HTC couldn't of made a better phone.

From my ONE X+ :-D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355788034692.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355788034692.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 139
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355788043345.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355788043345.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 51

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I went from one x to nexus 4 and now have a one x+ on the way. Anyone try the nexus 4 after using the one x+? My one x on clean ROM sipped battery beautifully.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
That phone looks nice I had the one x when it came out on att have iPhone 5 now tried to get the new nexus but seeing this I might come back to the one x.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I went from one x to nexus 4 and now have a one x+ on the way. Anyone try the nexus 4 after using the one x+? My one x on clean ROM sipped battery beautifully.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

What do you think of the Nexus 4?I'm guessing you are not satisfied with it since you have a One X + on the way...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
So here's mine.
First I'd like to say what everyone has said; The One x+ is what the one x should of been,HTC should of waited untill it was able to make such a phone.
Form factor- Is HTC,so you can't expect nothing but the best.
Battery-When not in use,the 5th companion core that clocked at ~500mhz takes over, and the phone barely drops anything over a long period. I unplugged my 1x+ at 6 and after a period of 4hrs & 30min(I fell asleep again lol) it only dropped 6%. Which is awsome,my 1x would of dropped like 20%. When playing Graphic intense games like horn,nfs,mc3,the dark meadow,etc. The phone tends to get really warm around the bottom right of the camer lense,and battery drops pretty quickly,especially with tegra 3 optimized games(they utilize all 4 cores)
Display-Same good 'ole display in the 1x.
Camera- Now I know they claim to have put the same camera they used in the HTC one x,but I noticed that pictures weren't as bright as they were on my one x,pictures were just as good but only not as bright.
FF Camera- A lot better then the original one x's FF Camera,the 1.6Mp shooter is a lot better and removes a bunch of the "noiseiness" /haze from the pictures.
OS- Let me start off by saying.. DAM.. HTC sense 4+ and jellybean are all you could ask for to make a smooth phone. Project Butter really does make the phone amazingly smooth. The new skins that come with 4+ are a plus too,they look really nice(I'll include a picture of one of the one I'm usuing)
Storage- If your like me,and like playing games on your phone,and have lots of music and pics on your phone then you'll love the one x+'s 64,unpartioned(meaning when they say you get 64Gb,You Get 64Gb) Gb's. The storage isn't separate like on some other phones,it's all one "bank" that all files on the phone go to(I'll include a pic)
So all in all,it's a really great smartphone. I'm glad I got it instead of the note 2,HTC couldn't of made a better phone.

From my ONE X+ :-D

What's the battery widget you used in that screen shot?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800