Continuous boot up problem.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello all. My one x froze about an hour ago and turned off. Since then it has turned on and displayed the HTC screen and then shut itself off again. This has been goung on over and over again since then. I have tried holding the power button down and turning it off but it keeps booting back up. Does anyone have any suggestions for me on how to remedy this? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps let it charge for a while, then try booting it up again. Hopefully that works :)

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I have it on the charger, but it still keeps doing it. Also the red light has not come on.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Now for the last while, the phone is stuck on the HTC startup screen. I will let it stay like this until morning and see if the battery is dead by then. Then try charging it.

kregg

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Exactly the same problem
Exactly in the same time

Seems that something wrong with software of the HTC, because it cant be that 2 smartphones will die with the same symptoms in 2 different parts of the world in the same time.

Also I can tell that before this happened, something wrong was with the face recognition. Camera couldn't focus. And 5 minutes after it happened.
Booting and booting.

Charging didn't help. Connecting to the computer too.
There is time to press power+sound -and I can even choose something -but all this doesn't help.
It's restarting again and again.

If memory is dead and all my data on the phone is dead too -I'm dead man. :(:':)-\:':)(

Any ideas, plz, any ideas are welcome!

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Try to hold the volume down button when it is rebooting... If you can get to the bootloader, try rebooting from there.

IF YOU HAVE YOUR BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED AND ROOTED:
It is possible that the internal sd card is corrupted.. In this case, bring it back to the bootloader screen, plug it into the pc and if a dialog pops up saying "sd card not formatted" then format it, and then try to flash a ROM

kregg

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the prompt answer.
But the tragedy is that the phone is giving me just 2-3 seconds in bootloader menu. After this it's again restarting,.
So, yes, I can go there (phone is unlocked and rooted), I can even choose something there - restart, power off etc
But after 3 seconds -phone is restarted.

And the main tragedy -that I can't connect it to computer! If I'm doing this - the phone even doesn't allow me to go to BootLoader. Just restarting on :Checking SD card update.

Any other ideas plz!!!

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
This certainly sucks, Kregg. I had to leave my phone constantly rebooting over night as it wold not turn off. This morning it was dead and would not charge at all. My carrier is going to replace it for me. Good but not good as I can not get to my phone numbers so I will have to reaquire all of them.

kregg

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
This certainly sucks, Kregg. I had to leave my phone constantly rebooting over night as it wold not turn off. This morning it was dead and would not charge at all. My carrier is going to replace it for me. Good but not good as I can not get to my phone numbers so I will have to reaquire all of them.

Thanks
The worst news of the month. :(

kregg

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
not the worst!!!
It's booted!
Booted for a few minutes, after ~30 restarting, but booted!!!
And just after I downloaded photos and contacts it's died again. :-(((

But now this is not important at all.

So, if somebody will have the same problem -sometimes it helps.
Wait until batteries will die and then pray after inserting in recharger (I connected to the PC directly).
In my case it helped.

kregg

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Now it's dead completely
The same symptoms
But all data are saved now
Still cant believe that things like this can happen

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
My battery was dead in the morning. I plugged it in to my computer and got no red light. I did notice that wiggling the cord at the phone end got some flashing of the red light. I go it so the the ted light started constantly flashing and eventually got a syeady red light. I had to charge it for about 7 hours before it was fully charged. It started and I transfered all my contacts over to my spare phone. Now I am waiting for a replacement one x to come from my carrier. I hope you manage to get your's going Kregg.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums