Jellybean?

nuruddin.bu

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. That makes sense (no pun intended). I don't rely on my phone camera and groups in contacts too much. Hopefully the ATT JB update will come out soon. Lets see.

I am tempted to root and flash CM10 on my OneX. I have always rooted and installed a different rom with my previous android phones.

Whats stopping me and holding out until the official updates are:

Imagesense wont work with CM10. I know i can do Post Processing with the pictures i take, but at the Moment, the camera is just great!!!

Sense and group contacts works really well and do what they are supposed to do. I dont know if that has been fixed with JB. On my old Gnex with ICS when i make certain groups from contacts (work/riding/sports) i cannot send texts/email to certain groups. and with sense i can do those with one click. And id rather not use any 3rd party sms app just to do that.

so i dont know, there are a few things holding me back......

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I am tempted to root and flash CM10 on my OneX. I have always rooted and installed a different rom with my previous android phones.

Whats stopping me and holding out until the official updates are:

Imagesense wont work with CM10. I know i can do Post Processing with the pictures i take, but at the Moment, the camera is just great!!!

Sense and group contacts works really well and do what they are supposed to do. I dont know if that has been fixed with JB. On my old Gnex with ICS when i make certain groups from contacts (work/riding/sports) i cannot send texts/email to certain groups. and with sense i can do those with one click. And id rather not use any 3rd party sms app just to do that.

so i dont know, there are a few things holding me back......

That's why I like ViperXL... it's sense, but without the bloat and tons of tweaks, makes the battery last longer and runs smoother as well

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh sweet!!! Thanks!!! Is it based off jb?

And I'm going to have to read about it. But is it pretty stable?

No, any sense rom will have to wait for htc to release jb for them to have it... It's 4.0.4 and it is the most stable rom I've used.. I ALWAYS end up flashing back to it at some point or another...that and I'm a freak haha, keep flashing back and forth every 5 to 10 days cause I'm a nerd haha

plhewitt

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
It will come out it's just a matter of when. About 2 months before i got the one x they updated my HTC Inspire to ICS which i never thought would happen either.

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm using TrickDroid quite nice. Unlock your bootloader and flash away :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

cbatiste1993

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm using ViperXL and it's like a brand new phone!! I'm no longer looking to trade up to a One X+ after getting jelly bean :)

Sent from my HTC One XL running ViperXL 3.0.0 using Android Central Forums

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Well the day after Xmas and no jelly bean as att said it would. Bothers me but not so much due to my upgrade in a few weeks. And I still love my one x

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna give them a couple more weeks, then I'm installing ViperXL. Hopefully that gives the devs enough time to add the Viper tweaks to the JB version...am very impressed with the ICS version and all its tweaks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Sadly my upgrade isn't til 2 Februaries away, but I'm not desperate enough to throw my money away on ETF's or off-contracts. Even though I'm an impatient person, I'll just wait it out. The Rogers One X is getting theirs in early Jan, and AT&T's dates and theirs usually are the same time.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

josney

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
new from the Blackberry bold world, i hate waiting for an update. not really sure what to expect with the update, but hopefully its just around the corner.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've pretty much given up on the update too. I expect it will get released about the time I get a new phone, about a year and a half give or take.

KiDPaul

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm dying to upgrade to Jelly Bean ans Sense 4+. It's the wait that's starting to make me regret getting this phone.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I love how irrational people get about updates hahaha! It's all good people, if you are impatient, root and rom... If not, the official update is being tested by AT&T finally, I think they'll try to squeak it out before Rogers... But, it's all up to them now

jut1001

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Update for att one x is early January as Rogers in canada just confirmed for early January and these two always update within days of each other

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

ToxicWaste

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a BB Curve(which I love) and Pre. Would you advise ditching my Pre and Curve for a Hero? I posted an ad if anyone is interested in the Offtopic board. I have a 3g 8 gig iphone I could trade or a Pre for a Hero.

X2. Loving Viper 2.4.1. I'm waiting till 3.0.0 is more refined and tweaks are released.

ViperXL w/ElementalX kernel

Whosurdaddy

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I love how irrational people get about updates hahaha! It's all good people, if you are impatient, root and rom... If not, the official update is being tested by AT&T finally, I think they'll try to squeak it out before Rogers... But, it's all up to them now

Hey Bizzle, thanks but how do you know it's in testing and the timing that it will be released?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude