Jellybean?

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Ya, read through the forum a little bit to make sure you know what you are getting into. There have been some people having issues, but honestly I think they are doing something wrong with the build or tweaks.... Everything works flawlessly for me on that rom

JFetch

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I asked @ATTCustomerCare on Twitter when it was coming. Got the standard "No information at this time" answer. Not that I expected anything different.

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
You know what we know. They aren't saying anything, they don't respond to repeated pleadings in either Facebook or Twitter, and they ignore their support forums when asked. Most likely they're closing up the holes that allowed those who upgraded to 4.0.4 to still get rooted and install custom ROMs. It'll show up when it shows up...I got over it and installed a custom ROM...just over it.

Sent from my AT&T HTC One X with ViperXL using Android Central Forums

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I havn't installed a custom rom is because I was having issues with the wifi before the latest att update. I was rooted before that, and had to do a lot of annoying steps to get back to stock, so that I could get the update. Would those wifi issues be there if i used a custom rom?

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
The only reason I havn't installed a custom rom is because I was having issues with the wifi before the latest att update. I was rooted before that, and had to do a lot of annoying steps to get back to stock, so that I could get the update. Would those wifi issues be there if i used a custom rom?

They are in some roms, but ViperXL (JB sense) I haven't experienced any myself... those who have, have a wifi fix for this rom that is a flashable zip...

I'm currently running the beta of the next update for this rom, and it is amazing.. tons more tweaks coming, and the ability to force wifi-n is in the settings (although I don't use it)

ampbell88

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok I'm just gonna root it and flash a rom. Can someone point to the right forum. I'm new to this

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
New update for viper is out.. you can dirty flash it over 3.1 (don't select wipe in the installer) that way you don't have to resetup the rom.

cbatiste1993

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you have to still restore your apps if you dirty flash the new ROM?

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Nope, but make sure to get the 3.2.1 OTA update after the dirty flash since google search on 3.2 force closes.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Nope, but make sure to get the 3.2.1 OTA update after the dirty flash since google search on 3.2 force closes.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Dammit, I didn't even know there was a OTA and uninstalled Google Search via Titanium and then reinstalled from Play. All that extra work for nothing...d'oh.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton