HTC one root not letting me log into ANY GAPPS

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I rooted my phone. everything worked there. i clear the cache and the other cache and factory reseted and then i tryied flashing Cyanogeon mod 10...well every time it failed. so i pretty much said screw it and delete my root. (i had to install a gapps zip because that what this youtuber said) well now my gapps are not working. Gmail cant sync or youtube, etc...and yes i tried going into the setting clearing the data and cache and still didnt work. i even factory rested a few times. ITs a pain in the but and i rather have my phone not rooted and deal with Htc sense 4.1 instead of not using and google apps.
DOes any one have a solution? do i need to flash another gapps zip? if i do this will i need to root my phone again and then flash a gapps zip ?

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Flash ViperXL rom... It is sense 4.1 and runs great... Never had an issue with google apps in this rom

EDIT: there are no extra zips to flash with this one (gapps included)

ToxicWaste

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I rooted my phone. everything worked there. i clear the cache and the other cache and factory reseted and then i tryied flashing Cyanogeon mod 10...well every time it failed. so i pretty much said screw it and delete my root. (i had to install a gapps zip because that what this youtuber said) well now my gapps are not working. Gmail cant sync or youtube, etc...and yes i tried going into the setting clearing the data and cache and still didnt work. i even factory rested a few times. ITs a pain in the but and i rather have my phone not rooted and deal with Htc sense 4.1 instead of not using and google apps.
DOes any one have a solution? do i need to flash another gapps zip? if i do this will i need to root my phone again and then flash a gapps zip ?

You're simply for starters not giving us ANY pertinent info yet. What hboot are you on? Do you have the AT&T, Rodgers etc version of the One X/XL? What firmware version are you on?

Next, I'd suggest avoiding the YouTube stuff and stick to Roms section here or paying www.xda.com a visit. It sounds like you jumped in head first.

Now, considering you are unlocked and rooted, did you install twrp on your phone? If so, did you make a backup of your stock rom?

If the above is all yes, simply go into recovery (twrp) and select Restore. This is where twrp will point to your recovery(ies). Select one and flash it. This gets you back to stock rooted.

If you did not make a recovery and you've simply reset your phone, I would install CleanRom5.1. I suggest this rom because you sound very novice and I'm not ripping on ya. You need to get that rom on your phone by either downloading it directly or drag and drop from your computer.

Follow these steps then:

To access the bootloader screen, hold the down volume button and then the power button simultaneously until the 3 lit buttons stop flashing and the screen goes black. Once the screen is black, released the power button while STILL holding the down volume button, wait 2 seconds and repress and hold the power button again. Now you're holding both power and volume down again. Wait till the screen turns white with the skating droids and release all buttons. Now use the volume key to select RECOVERY.

Go into recovery(twrp)
Select Wipe

Now wipe cache
Now wipe dalvick cache
Now wipe System
Finally do a factory reset and (never do this outside of twrp!!)

Now you're ready to flash on a clean slate.

Go back into twrp as you now know is called recovery.

Select Install
Find your CleanRom zip
Swipe to flash
Follow Aroma Installer options
Wait for a while wich could be up to 8 or more minutes. Don't panic.

When it's finished, follow steps to reboot.

Let it boot and be patient.

Enjoy.

Hope this helps.

If you're on firmware version 2.20, your mistake was NOT flashing the boot.img first. That rom you tried flashing requires it for 2.20. However, CleanRom and Viper DON'T. Viper is awesome but more comprehensive. Learn on an easy rom first!!

Jon

ViperXL w/ElementalX kernel