HTC One X+ Build

deskfan

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I just have a few questions in regards to the htc one x+ build quality. I know that the first one x was plagued by some well discussed problems and while most of them seem to have been fixed with this new iteration of the phone I'm dealing with a couple issues and I was wondering if they were rare enough to warrant getting it replaced.

Phone issues:

1. 1 Stuck pixel in the top left of the phone
2. lcd light leak on bottom, left and right sides of the phone/gap between glass of screen and metal bezel allowing dust into phone
3. partially illuminated home buttons

I've read quite a few threads listing these problems with the original one x and I'm surprised HTC haven't solved these issues with the one x+. I'm hesitant to get a replacement as I would be left without a phone for 2+ weeks (ordered online) as well as getting stuck with quite large shipping costs. So are these fairly common problems that I risk encountering again (maybe even worse) if I were to get a replacement or did I just get extremely unlucky with my phone? I actually returned my iPhone 5 and bought this HTC due to all the manufacturing problems I encountered with the iphone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Holy crap I GOT one replaced but I had screen separation in the bottom rite but I also bad a defective speaker so I could nearly bear calls I'm thinking I had a rushed first batch as I GOT it thru the mail a week after launch but yes if your having all of those pro lens het it replaced

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Dude I GOT mine thru at&t if you did as well they usually put it in priority mail I GOT my replacement from within 4 days. I just had to send it back and got it through warranty. You are in the US and on at&t correct?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

deskfan

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey man thanks for the response. Nah I didn't get it through at&t as I live outside of the us (actually bought it from clove.co.uk). I'd get it replaced but I'm worried about the replacement being worse than the one I currently have/its a lot of effort to get it replace e.g 2 week waiting time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC