To root or not too root that is the question?? (and some other questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbsf1

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. I'm getting my htc one x + in a couple of days (finally after a long delay in the postage) and I'm pondering whether to root or not. I don't want to be using the device for ages set it up how I want it then when/if I do root it lose all of the data and then have to organise everything again (had to do that with my ipod and it really really annoyed me).

I'm wondering whether to root it almost as soon as I get it?? what would you guys suggest? I quite like HTC sense however don't like the bloatware so I was wondering could I unlock the bootloader then get rid of the bloatware, allow me to tinker with the phone abit however still keep the HTC version of android??

What is your opinion, I'm likely to be downloading games not from the play store (trying to hint as something here without saying it) and installing them on my device however to do that I'm guessing it doesn't need to be rooted as you can enable a function in the settings (forgot the name of it however I did it on my wildfire and read about it for the x +).

EDIT: If I do root it then is the toolkit the easiest way to do so??

rootedVette

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Considering your audience, the majority of people here will probably say to go ahead and root, and I would concur. However, I don't agree with your plan to pirate software. Developers work hard; they deserve some pay for their endeavors.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance