Case or Naked?

rexbaumgartner

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
This is 1 sleek and sexy phone! I have not dropped your broken a telephone ever. I have returned to Android following a disappointing experience with the iPhone 5.

This phone feels very nice in the hand I am has a very rich will made appearance. I would love to carry it without the case, but I'm very concerned about the protruding camera lens.

Who is carrying the phone without the case, and are you showing any signs of wear on the camera bezel?

Thanks for your input, enjoy the forum!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

ToxicWaste

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Glad you left the Apple bandwagon. I did months ago myself. iPhone 5 what's disgusted me so I got this phone and I love it.

A case is your decision. I prefer them as it keeps the phone safe and in mind shape underneath should you care to sell it eventually.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

sropedia

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I put I full body (front and back) screen protector on mine including a small piece I cut out to put on the camera lense. I also have a small leather sleeve I keep the phone in when not using it for extended periods of time. I haven't dropped it but do set it on tables and it looks like new, but I'm sure if you didn't have anything at all on the camera lense then it would be somewhat scratched up by now. Btw I totally agree with you this phone is a sexy beast and I don't want an otterbox ruining that, but to each their own I suppose :p

Sent from my HTC One X

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
When I first got my HOX I had it in an Otterbox Commuter case but quickly grew tired of the extra bulk. So now I rock it naked. It truly is a very sleek and sexy phone and for the first time in years people ask me about what I use...it's nice to be different.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

rexbaumgartner

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the OtterBox Commuter case on my phone right now. And what I said earlier that I never dropped the phone, I do fumble (*) with it quite a bit because the Otterbox case is not easy to hold onto since it's so slick.

Last edited:

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a slim cruzerlite case, I've had it naked for a couple months as well. Never scratched the camera glass or anything>> I constantly have it laying on the back, never had an issue

Njshoregurl

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm leaving iPhone next month. IPhone 4s. I'm leaning towards the HTC 1x or note 2. Both I would cover. I'm going to check which is more me lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

rexbaumgartner

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks NJshoreGurl! You are very pretty by the way! Off topic I know, but credit where credit is due.

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I've had the One X since July and have been using it without a case. I just have a screen protector on the front. There are no scratches on the camera lens or the camera bezel and I lay it down on the back all the time. I've only (sort of) dropped it once. I was sitting on our carpeted stairs with the One X in my front pocket and it slipped out. It bounced on about four carpeted steps down to the ceramic tile floor and slid across on its face. Luckily, absolutely no damage was incurred.

I bought the Seidio Surface case back in October. It is extremely thin and fit the One X perfectly. But since I had been using the One X for 3 months without it, I didn't like it with the case on (even with it being so thin) and stopped using it in less than a day.

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I no longer carry mine, but after carrying one for more than 6 months, I had no problems, and it was naked all the time. My girlfriend still uses a One X and has no case, and she's MUCH more clumsy than I am and still no problems.

rexbaumgartner

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Since posting this question last night I have put a case on the phone for about 6 hours and after reading the post above, I have taken the case off . I absolutely HATE cases! Since I fell for the iPhone 5 hype, I paid full retail for the 1X. I just need to relax and realize I just don't drop phones!

Very pleased! with this sexy phone!

Ichwardort

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
mine is naked, just protected by my pocket.

The only time I tried using a case I ended up in dropping the HOX as I was not able to use it with one hand which I'm used to. Well dropping it on concrete ends up in scratched edges. The only think I'm a bit disappointed is the glass cover which protects the camera - it gets scratched immediately :-(

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance