Jelly Bean questions - Google Now & predictive text

Sarah Gibson

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I got Jelly Bean on my T-Mobile One X at the weekend and have had an annoying problem since. I prefer to use the phone-style keyboard for texting etc, without predictive text but WITH word prediction, and on ICS you could enable/disable these two functions separately in the Language/Keyboard menu. However with the upgrade, I can not see how to do this separately in the settings, and the default setting is XT9 which it reverts to every time. Obviously I could use the toggle between XT9 and ABC input on the keyboard, but say if I am having a massive Whatsapp conversation, it reverts to XT9 with every reply. Can anyone suggest how to make multitap input my default setting please?

Also, where do I find Google Now?

Many thanks if anyone can help me - the keyboard thing is doing my head in! :confused:

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure about the keyboard thing, I replaced my stock keyboard with SwiftKey the day I got it. That's the keyboard I will continue to use no matter the device. As far as Google now, it's a long press on the home button.

Sent from my HTC One X

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Um let's see try making them like this :)

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357865860267.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357865860267.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 30
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357865869024.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357865869024.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 30

Sarah Gibson

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately I still have the text input problem, because I want to have word completion, but not predictive text, which was possible with the separate Ice Cream Sandwich settings. The solution kindly given above switches both off at once. Can I just ask whether other people's settings are the same as mine (ie in Settings/Language & Keyboard/HTC Sense Input settings/Advanced/Prediction preference, there is only one option, Word prediction)?
Any other suggestions would be much appreciated

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair