HTC One X won't download any updates...????

Stidget23

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello.

I'm hoping someone can help me!

I am new to the android world and got the HTC One X about 2 months ago. Everything was working fine until recently when it told me I needed to download a software update. I attempted to do this but every time I try it comes up with brackets next to the download saying (paused).

This happens for any download or update I try.

It is stopping me being able to use some of my apps and they keep crashing, as does the phone - please can someone help! I tried going to Vodafone (Aus) and they were about as helpful as.... well they weren't at all helpful!

Also I'm not very technologically minded so "layman's terms" in responses if you'd be so kind!

thanks! :D

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure that's why... Updates of this magnitude are only available via wifi... Try and go use some free wifi, or at a friends house to confirm this.

This is how it is on att at least

Daverk

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
If you upgraded from ice cream software to jelly bean recently, then you may have to factory reset. Back up everything, first though!

Phumzile Saleni

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
You can download big updates without WI-FI (though this will heavily dent your data) just go to settings > about > software updates > settings and uncheck "use Wi-Fi or cable only"