Syns Issue / All-day-Event / Recurring /Birthday

KNeger

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I have just switched from HTC Desire to One X and experience this with most of my contact birthdays with the OneX (not on Desire before) in the standard Google Calendar App. I sync my calendar from an Exchange environment.
Birthdays of people before, approx, 1984 now show as appointment starting at 23:00hrs and ending the next day at 23:00 hrs. This is messing up my overview of a day.
Now I just entered a new contactperson with Birthday 17th of March 1984 and shows correctly as All-day-event on top of day-view starting at 00:00hrs at 17th and ending at 00:00 18th. When I change the birthday to 16th of March 1984 (or earlier) it switches back to starting 16th at 23:00hrs and ending at 17th 23:00hts again...
This could implicate couple of thing...
- I live in timezone UTC+1 (CET), so there could be a Time Zone issue, but they are all correct and the same as far as I can see
- something is changed in DST, but as far as I know not the case in Europe
- Microsoft is mentioning a DST change tool, that would be for USA DST change, but the date does not correspond with 1984
- Microsot has rolled-out a work-around in all of their products, but in the back-ground the data is still corrupt.
- Android has a serious bug to fix?

Anyone any idea? It really makes me crazy

P.S. my iPad, Outlook 2010 and OWA all show birthdays correctly

Last edited:

KNeger

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Nope, nothing, yet! Have called HTC yesterday and have to call back today. I hope they have a solution, but it sounded like they heard about the issue for the first time

KNeger

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
HTC wants to test with a test account, but cannot arrange that... Set my phone back to factory defaults and the calendar looked fine again. Now, 2 days later I received an update to version 3.14.401.27 and my calendar is messed-up again!
So it must be somewhere in there...

KNeger

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Found that there was an update released in december 2012. Just installed it, but issue still remains...
Should I get back to factory defaults...???!??!?

KNeger

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, one step further in the issue... we switched to summer-time last weekend and now the issue is even bigger; birthdays now show at 22:00hrs. To me, it looks like their is time substracted from the original GMT; this used to be 1 hour and is now (due to summer-time) 2 hours...
No one a solution, yet????

KNeger

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, it must be an Android issue!
Just tested my Exchange account @Nexus10; Calendar also messes up most of the recurring all-day events...
Will try to post it @Google