HTC One X Jellybean (at&t)

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, every One X in the world has gotten their upgrade except at&t. I'm not sure which company to be upset with. HTC seems to be doing their part (slowly). Does anybody know what's going on?

Sent from my HTC One X

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. Its att fault. There were reports back when HTC started the roll out of jelly bean that att users would get it before Xmas. Well its come and gone and nothing. Such a let down from att. But it is what it is. There's a always root. Me personally I have an upgrade to use so I might not root. I would get the one x + I really need the storage capacity.

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
At this point it's most likely a bottom-line issue. At&t has the One X+ to sell so why would they want to update the previous version that is deeply discounted? It'll get released eventually add they have already promised it, but to expect its release to be imminent is folly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
At this point it's most likely a bottom-line issue. At&t has the One X+ to sell so why would they want to update the previous version that is deeply discounted? It'll get released eventually add they have already promised it, but to expect its release to be imminent is folly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

That makes no sense, AT&T doesn't care which phone you buy from them as long as you sign the contract. Actually it would be in their best interest to sell out all the remaining One X es from their shelves to make up the room for never-ending new phones.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Actually it does make sense, since they are eating more of the $ with the One X because they sell it at $99 or less.. They want more money up front

erethangbagel

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I complained to both HTC and AT&T about it, and it seems to be an issue with HTC. AT&T provides their requirements to HTC, and HTC has to implement them... according to the person I spoke to. HTC never denied taking fault for the delay.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
The carrier will always point the finger toward the manufacturer... considering Rogers in canada has very similar standards, and have already begun rolling it out, i'd say at&t doesn't know what they are talking about.

plhewitt

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
It was the same with my att HTC inspire. ICS was released many months after it was released for the evo on other carriers. Eventually it did get pushed to my device. Jellybean will be pushed to the one x its just a matter of time at this point.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Just to give you guys a little bit of positive info, it is worth the wait... It makes the phone feel brand new again.. MUCH better battery, smooth as butter (pun intended)... It's coming, and it's gonna make you happy.

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I get the Jelly Bean update with telus Canada earlier this week and trust me, it comes with some problems. The major one for me is that it renders your one X incompatible with certain wireless routers. I found this out after I updated and my phone stopped seeing my dlink dir-615. It's not specific to my phone or my router either. There are numerous people with specific routers that this phone will no longer recognize. If you are someone who relies on WiFi for the majority of your data usage like I am, this poses and huge problem for which there is no fix. At at the rate telus and your carrier pushes updates, we arn't likely to see a fix either. Just a friendly heads up. HTC is definately loosing my loyalty. It'll be nexus only devices going forward for me. At least then we will get any needed fixes in a timely manor.

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
That's interesting. I wonder what that's all about. I rely heavily on wifi at home and work. It's 90% of my data usage so that's a little concerning.

Sent from my HTC One X

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Just to give you guys a little bit of positive info, it is worth the wait... It makes the phone feel brand new again.. MUCH better battery, smooth as butter (pun intended)... It's coming, and it's gonna make you happy.

Any wifi issues with your rom? I have no issues with my stock ICS device. I have multiple profiles and I do nothing - get within range and it connects, leave that area and it disconnects. I do nothing. It's super simple. I'm concerned with reports of post update wifi issues.

Sent from my HTC One X

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
If you don't have Wi-Fi issues now,I doubt you'll have them in jb..some people have had issues with this build, with Wi-Fi, but they always had issues.

Nice thing about flashing Roms: if you can't get something to work, there's always tons of other options

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I get the Jelly Bean update with telus Canada earlier this week and trust me, it comes with some problems. The major one for me is that it renders your one X incompatible with certain wireless routers. I found this out after I updated and my phone stopped seeing my dlink dir-615. It's not specific to my phone or my router either. There are numerous people with specific routers that this phone will no longer recognize. If you are someone who relies on WiFi for the majority of your data usage like I am, this poses and huge problem for which there is no fix. At at the rate telus and your carrier pushes updates, we arn't likely to see a fix either. Just a friendly heads up. HTC is definately loosing my loyalty. It'll be nexus only devices going forward for me. At least then we will get any needed fixes in a timely manor.

There is a fix for Telus with viper xl (same exact build as the official release)

sdchris

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't wait. Ended up rooting last night and can't be happier.

AT&T HTC One X running ViperXL 3.1.0

Yeah I rooted and went to ViperXL as well. It's so smooth and no more carrier apps! I was content with waiting, but eventually I got bored and needed a test. I highly recommend flashing this rom. You won't be disappointed.

EjWilkes0121

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I rooted and went to ViperXL as well. It's so smooth and no more carrier apps! I was content with waiting, but eventually I got bored and needed a test. I highly recommend flashing this rom. You won't be disappointed.

Hello,

I've flashed CM 10.1 and got issues with camera. No stable release for now, right?

So are all features working for Viper? Thanks!

AT&T HTC One X running Clean ROM 5.1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc