htc one x camera shuts down the phone

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
hey there,i am using htc one X
when i turn on the camera ( using any camera launcher)or by default camera button it opens the camera for 2 seconds the camera stops and fone restarts itself..i have tried restarting/turning off my phone many times but nothing worked,if anyone can help me quickly i will be very thankful.. here are details of my phone

android version 4.1.1
htc sense version 4+
software number 3.14.707.24
htc sdk api level 4.63

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
did you do a factory reset, is that what you mean by hard reset?

The only way I have ever resolved issues like this, was flashing a different rom to determine if it is software or hardware. By the sound of it, since the front camera does the same, its gotta be software

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
yes i did the factory reset by going to settings..backup and reset .. and then followed the procedure..can u please tell me a simple way to fix this issue i mean i dont know about ROM and stuff

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
well, i mentioned that because I'm unlocked and rooted my phone. That is what you would have to do, but I would try a warranty replacement first.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
hey there,i am using htc one X
when i turn on the camera ( using any camera launcher)or by default camera button it opens the camera for 2 seconds the camera stops and fone restarts itself..i have tried restarting/turning off my phone many times but nothing worked,if anyone can help me quickly i will be very thankful.. here are details of my phone

android version 4.1.1
htc sense version 4+
software number 3.14.707.24
htc sdk api level 4.63

Have you gone into apps and select the camera app and force stopping it. Just to see.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
not 100% no, but it's the best way to TEST if the software is the issue. Just make sure you look at the correct unlocking and rooting for exact one x.. if its rogers/at&t it is the Evita, if its the international I believe it is the Endeavor

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
since the phone has no warranty i contacted a person who repairs the phone..he said he will reinstall the " genuine " software and hopefully this problem will be solved but he can do it on monday
so what do u think he is gonna do,should i give it a try ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma