HTC One X not Scanning For WiFi

SMG4LIFE01

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
So I just go my HTC One X yesterday and I haven't put my contract sim in it since it didn't come with the phone but endlessly I have tried to connect the phone to my wifi and when i hit that wifi button in the settings menu all it does is load the switch to On and when i go into the Wifi it doesn't come up with a single Wifi signal in the area even when I'm close to my router. Even when adding a network still nothing so I'm just wondering what could be causing this problem a technical problem, hardware problem or something to do with not activating the phone will the sim card.

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The one x running jelly bean is incompatible with certain routers. I discovered this when I received the jellybean update and my one x stopped recognizing my dlink dir-615. I checked multiple forums and this is a consistent issue. Do some searching and you can probably find out if your router is one of the incompatible ones. I was able to connect by switch the frequency in my one x WiFi settings to 2.4 GHz only, but it randomly drops the signal and won't reconnect unless I turn off and on my WiFi. Exchanging your phone for another one x won't fix this issue either. Your either need a different phone or a different router. Be warned however, you may randomly find yourself in Wi-Fi areas that you just won't be able to connect to. Honestly I love android, but I'll be buying nexus only going forward.

SMG4LIFE01

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I haven't even got the Jelly Bean update yet since i didn't get a sim card with my phone I didn't have a data plan so I'm not able to browse the web or just even update. What is happening is when i turn on the wireless on the phone it turns on but doesn't show any wireless networks found, I'm not to sure if its the phone or its because I haven't been able to fully set up the phone going through HTC's account setup and google account setup no clue what its doing this but I'm going to an O2 store today to hopefully get my simcard.

SMG4LIFE01

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I got my sim today and updated to jellybean and still nothing but I'm gonna be taking my phone in to get it checked out, I think its faulty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995