MHL to HDMI

Danny Lopez

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Do I have to buy one of the expensive cables or can I buy a cheap MHL to HDMI cable off of Ebay? What are the differences? Is the Wifi version that much better? Sorry for all the questions but thanks in advance for any information or help.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Expensive as in under $20? I think I paid $18.50 for my Samsung branded one, shipping included. Haven't tried any others to compare, sorry.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Sorry wasn't paying attention to what device you were talking about.... don't take my word that the Samsung branded one will work with your OneX.

ssloko

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Do I have to buy one of the expensive cables or can I buy a cheap MHL to HDMI cable off of Ebay? What are the differences? Is the Wifi version that much better? Sorry for all the questions but thanks in advance for any information or help.

Yes pretty much any MHL adapter will work ( except for Samsung's). The only difference between the expensive the and cheap ones is quality build, which isn't much difference. I bought a cheap $5 adapter from amazon ($9 w/shipping) and it works great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

gonzo0203

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I use the Samsung adapter with my wife's HTC One X without any issues at all. But mainly most any adapter that is MHL to HDMI will work. Make sure it is powered for it to work, ie plugging USB cable into it or charger the phone came with. My S2 worked perfect with it and my wife's old HTC vivid had no issues either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax