rooting and can't figure it out.

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying for two days to root or unlock the bootloader what ever its called. I have downloaded the all in one tool kit and used it. Went to the HTCdev website and tried that and get no where. On the tool kit I get to the point of getting the token but then when I put it on the web site I keep getting a error message of Error Code: Invalid Bootloader Token Length.
Error Reason: The submitted Token appears to be the wrong length and won't work. I have done exactly what is stated in the instructions and on the web site for following the bootloader unlock instructions the command prompt wont give me anything . What am I doing wrong ?

Got it now , it just happened for some reason , wouldn't work before then all of a sudden it was there. Now have to figure out how to flash a jelly bean rom and then done I HOPE.

Last edited:

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying for two days to root or unlock the bootloader what ever its called. I have downloaded the all in one tool kit and used it. Went to the HTCdev website and tried that and get no where. On the tool kit I get to the point of getting the token but then when I put it on the web site I keep getting a error message of Error Code: Invalid Bootloader Token Length.
Error Reason: The submitted Token appears to be the wrong length and won't work. I have done exactly what is stated in the instructions and on the web site for following the bootloader unlock instructions the command prompt wont give me anything . What am I doing wrong ?

Got it now , it just happened for some reason , wouldn't work before then all of a sudden it was there. Now have to figure out how to flash a jelly bean rom and then done I HOPE.

I am sorry to sound disrespectful of those with knowledge but I have to say, 134 views and counting with no help. An old man here with a Android phone in a forum I thought was for the purpose of helping others. No one has offered to even say "dummy" Where is one to look for help when they don't KS???

Tidey_

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry I forgot that all 134 people are expected to be able to help. If I knew the answer then I would help but if someone doesn't know then they aren't going to be able to help. It's happened to me before when I've posted and I've had no response. This is meant to be a helpful community but there's times when people who see the post won't know. Hopefully someone will post in response to your question with help!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
ok... Sounds like you copied too much into the field... make sure it didn't have any lines that start with "info" ..I made the same mistake myself when originally did it.

Also,I believe the updated toolkit does all this for you

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Download viper XL 3.1 (I'm beta testing the new build that will be out soon and it runs even smoother! )

It's HTC sense jb plus tweaks (you can leave the tweaks alone if you want and everything runs great)

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Download viper XL 3.1 (I'm beta testing the new build that will be out soon and it runs even smoother! )

It's HTC sense jb plus tweaks (you can leave the tweaks alone if you want and everything runs great)
That would be good to do Bizzel. I have downloaded the Viper X 3.3.1. but as it is I had enough trouble trying to figure out how to unlock the bootloader. Now I have to figure out how to put roms on the phone itself. I have the rom on the desktop in a folder but now what? You have to know that this is a 65 y.o man here that has used iphones for since the first iphone 3 and this is all new to me

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, first- viper X is for the international one x...make sure (if you have the lte one x to select viper xL)

And did you install TWRP recovery after unlocking? Do that through the toolkit-much easier step than unlocking bootloader..

Once you have recovery installed, hook your phone up to your pc/Mac and transfer viperXL onto your device.

Now reboot into recovery and select backup. So you can backup your current stock rom(that came with the phone)..Once that is done, don't hit the reboot button in twrp... back out of that screen to the main menu.

Now select Install. Normally when you are flashing a new rom, you have to wipe before the install - in the viper installer you do this (make sure you select it when it pops up).. there will be lots of options in the installer - just leave everything the way it is, unless you know of a selection that you absolutely want.

But before you do anything, make sure if you have the AT&T/Rogers one x (one XL) that you use ViperXL 3.1...if you have the international, then the rom you downloaded is fine. TWRP generally won't let you install a rom not designed for your phone (error comes up during install), BUT if it does, it will brick your device

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok, how do I tell for sure which is which ? So far I have found , I think, the cid is CWS___001 if that means anything. the device is calling itself a evita/HTC one x

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, Bizzle69. Your tutelage helped push me over the cliff. I flashed ViperXL last night and it has been nothing but pure awesomeness so far. Only one minor hiccup at the beginning, and that was my fault for not flashing the boot.img in fastboot first since I have hboot 1.14. After remedying that, it's been smooth, buttery sailing.

Sent from my AT&T HTC One X with ViperXL using Android Central Forums

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Glad you got it running! I'm running the beta of the next build, and there are zero issues that I've found..I'm willing to bet that an update will come out within a week or two

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Glad you got it running! I'm running the beta of the next build, and there are zero issues that I've found..I'm willing to bet that an update will come out within a week or two

Are you able to mention anything about the changes? Curious as to what changes we have to look forward to.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Let's just say, everyone that has had the "man I wish it had ___ included in this Rom" should be very happy when it's released..it's near perfection in my opinion.:-D

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Well I finally got it installed and everything seems to be working except now I can't find the drivers in order to connect to the PC as a disk drive or use the All in one toolkit. Got any ideas to tell me where to go with the drivers? The original ones don't work on Viper. And when trying to insert password for back up protection the keyboard is funky . I have noticed the volume is extremely loud now after the new rom. I only wish there was a user guide as to what is what on this thing. It would make it better for an old man to figure out how to use a phone again.

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Let's just say, everyone that has had the "man I wish it had ___ included in this Rom" should be very happy when it's released..it's near perfection in my opinion.:-D

Sorry to be a pain but, is there anything I need to know when running at&t 2.0 update? I heard there may be some extra steps. Can:) I still use the all in one Toolkit? I'm getting ready to take the leap. I'm giving at&t to the end of the month for the official JB release. Also with 2.0 do I need to do anything differently before adding Viper?

Sent from my HTC One X

tward1955

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey meet another old man who feels like a dummy. I have had zero luck getting my phone and or computer to do what all the posts say it should. I have been trying for three days now. Drop me a PM if you get your figured out I would love to hear what you did....Thanks Tim

Well I finally got it installed and everything seems to be working except now I can't find the drivers in order to connect to the PC as a disk drive or use the All in one toolkit. Got any ideas to tell me where to go with the drivers? The original ones don't work on Viper. And when trying to insert password for back up protection the keyboard is funky . I have noticed the volume is extremely loud now after the new rom. I only wish there was a user guide as to what is what on this thing. It would make it better for an old man to figure out how to use a phone again.

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site

Jellybean changes how the phone connects to the PC. You'll have to download the most recent release of HTC Sync to get the appropriate drivers to connect to the PC again.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site

Connect to pc, the icon that pops up in your task bar on your pc- right click, go to properties, then update drivers... it will show up in My Computer as an mp3/media device.... if that doesn't work try " android file transfer" (Google search and download to pc and install on pc)

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey meet another old man who feels like a dummy. I have had zero luck getting my phone and or computer to do what all the posts say it should. I have been trying for three days now. Drop me a PM if you get your figured out I would love to hear what you did....Thanks Tim

Make sure your phone is in debug mode . Go to developer settings and check it - it will pop up a window to caution you of what you have just selected, just hit ok

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary