HTC One X+--DISCONTINUED

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
So I went to the AT&T retail store yesterday looking to do an early upgrade for this phone and the rep tells me that they didn't have any store since the phone was being discontinued. I said you talking about the newest phone HTC just release in November or around that time, she was like yeah, but I have other Android phones. I was like no thank.

Please say that this is not so and that she was just practicing her April's Fool joke early!!!!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I agree with Unicorn Rancher, I don't see how it would be discontinued this soon in the game. Sound slike she wanted to just sell a phone. You should walk in with a print out from the AT&T site and aske her to show you where it says it's discontinued.....lol

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
When she said it, I looked at her for a good 30 seconds and was like WHAT?!?!?!?! Then she said, we do not have any in stock but i can probably get one from another store. She did a search for the phone and every store had it but them. So again I look at her for another good 30 seconds and said, which phone is discontinued again? She just looked off from me.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
She knew she was caught in a horribly bad lie and there was no way for to talk her way out of it.....lol

I love when sales people try something like that on me when I get a new phone. Little do they know that I obsessively research phones before buying :)

Sent from my HOX+

Brian Fraser

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi i am in the UK and my upgrade window opened yesterday the one x+ was still on my carriers site I called to get one today and it is discontinued.
Shock horror they only had it for 3 months.

HTC have pulled it as I think the "M7" is to be launched in UK and the USA hence the dual press releases on the 19th Feb before MWC,

I could be wrong, but I think you should wait and see.

My carrier is also launching all the main windows 8 handsets at the same time (I could pre-order) but i want to see what the big HTC new is first

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
The phone is not discontinued. HTC does not and will not discontinue a 3 month old device just because they're coming out with a new device. While Brian's carrier (or at least the person he talked to) says it's discontinued, the UK HTC site still shows it as new.

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
This is crazy. I am going to wait to see what the M7 is really about since I have waited this long.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
This is crazy. I am going to wait to see what the M7 is really about since I have waited this long.

That is what I'm doing as well. Was gonna buy the HOX+ off contract, but was told by hamdir from XDA, to hang tight and see the M7 first. I have an available upgrade in August that if the M7 is not released by at&t before May, I will hold off getting it until my upgrade. Much rather pay 200 than 600. So, us holding until the M7 is announced, I think, is a wise desision.

Sent from my Nexus 7

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I agree. Next week should yield a little more information on the device.

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I actually just bit the bullet and moved from BlackBerry to Android and have a HTC OneX+ being delivered today.

I am getting ready to post new thread in the introduction forum looking for help. :)

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Weird. The One X+ hasn't even lasted a good solid year yet. Perhaps, At&T shipments were running late.
I can go into Telstra, an Australian carrier, and still buy a One X, and an X+! Strange.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Daphuck?? If it's discontinued I'm gona raise Hell with at&t!! Tell them if their going to sell me a pho e that's going to be discontinued in 4 or 5onths

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz