ViperXL System Update??

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
An update to ViperXL showed up this morning. I'm going to download it now then head over to XDA and see if there's a change log update so I can see what this "bump" includes.
So happy I am getting updates from this developer and no longer waiting, frustrated, for jellybean from AT&T! Thank you Team Venom!

UPDATE: Call me crazy but this update seems to have helped my performance even more! Wow! Love it!!

From my HTC One X running ViperXL 3.2

Last edited:

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Ya, and when I was running this last week I had said it's perfect.... it really is.! Haha... he's adding more tweaks too

cbatiste1993

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been on ViperXL since 3.0.0 came out, (I couldn't sleep on Christmas eve so...haha) I've been in love with my phone ever since!

Sent from my HTC One XL running ViperXL 3.2.2 using Android Central Forums

turbomach5

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I finally took the plunge too! ViperXL 3.2.2 on AT&T One X. So loverly! Now...do I need to reflash it just to remove Sense or is there a setting to remove it (starting to hate sense in a way) LOL.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I finally took the plunge too! ViperXL 3.2.2 on AT&T One X. So loverly! Now...do I need to reflash it just to remove Sense or is there a setting to remove it (starting to hate sense in a way) LOL.

I like sense a lot now, on viper, but if you want to remove sense, just reflash and select it in the installer..should be one of the first options, just read carefully. You will need to do a wipe in the installer, and reinstall everything.

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Missing out on all that. All sounds like fun and something great. I'm still having trouble with HTC Dev website :mad:

sprof

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I didn't get an OTA update notification. I can't figure out to even manually update OTA. Can I update from 3.1?

Sent from my HTC One XL using Android Central Forums

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
same here. this whole process still scares the crap out of me

Scared me too but once I rooted my old nexus, note, and a few others. Its awesome. I didnt want to root the one x due to my trust att would of released jellybean as promised before xmas. But that's came and long gone.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get an OTA update notification. I can't figure out to even manually update OTA. Can I update from 3.1?

If you can't ota, go to the viper thread, in the op he has the updates that you can directly download them

sprof

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I saw them there. Do these over write everything or just update so all my apps and stuff remain?

Last edited:

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
The OTAs do not overwrite data, just the system files. You cannot jump from 3.1.x to 3.2.2. You'll have to go to the xda thread and download the full ROM. I do believe you can do a dirty flash and have no issues, but I just wipe and install whenever I flash a full new ROM just to be on the safe side.

Sent from my AT&T HTC One X with ViperXL using Android Central Forums

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I saw them there. Do these over write everything or just update so all my apps and stuff remain?

It does not delete anything, it's just adding/replacing system files...

Edit: download the full rom 3.2.2, when flashing do not wipe, and all your setup should remain (except elemental kernel if you have that installed, it will revert to stock kernel)
Sent from my Dirty Rootbox Nexus 7

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
The OTAs do not overwrite data, just the system files. You cannot jump from 3.1.x to 3.2.2. You'll have to go to the xda thread and download the full ROM. I do believe you can do a dirty flash and have no issues, but I just wipe and install whenever I flash a full new ROM just to be on the safe side.

Sent from my AT&T HTC One X with ViperXL using Android Central Forums

Yes, you can flash directly to 3.2.2 now that he uploaded the full rom of it. You can always dirty flash, but if any problems occur you should do a clean install (like you already do pdj79)

If you use titanium backup, only back up and restore apps..never anything "system" ..well cause issues

Sent from my Dirty Rootbox Nexus 7

sprof

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
A big thank you to all. Just flashed without a wipe. That was easier than I thought it would be.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
You can disable screen rotation in the dialer and contacts now, amongst a slew of fixes..I've been running it for a couple days and its made my battery life and performance even better! As soon as ElementalX is out of beta, it's gonna make this rom even better... can't wait