Gripe time!!

MaxxMeister

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Alrighty...I got a gripe...about 6 months ago I went from a Iphone 3GS to a HTC One X, definitely a big jump! A lot more powerful, bigger screen, faster, gets LTE, great camera....but...my ol 3GS never crashed, my HTC One X has crashed a few times (froze up or whatnot)...not once has any of my apps on the 3GS ever froze or completely crashed...it happens all the time on the HTC (freezes up, got to shut it down, re-open..or it just goes completely black!) even the simple apps like FB, Words, SongPop....so there's so much more you can do to personalize an Android...who cares...not once has anyone ever picked up my phone and went "wow, that is really cool what you've done with your phone, all the sounds and pictures...very cool"....not once...anyway..end of gripe....

Also I have a conspiracy theory as to why AT&T doesn't update all phones on a regular basis....here's my thoughts on it....ya know how Iphone first signed on with AT&T, being the only carrier that carried the Iphone for the longest time...well I think they're staying in good terms with Apple and favoring their products even though Apple is no longer exclusive with them...also another thought, with Android being an open OS...AT&T doesn't always have the upper hand, the control, the power or whatnot...so to keep that in place, they select the phones that they're going to update....lately AT&T seems very Apple-ish to me....in other words, very controlling.

So my gripe and my theory...haha!!

turbomach5

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Ehhh...as far as AT&T not updating its One X (if it is in limbo like I've been hearing)...could be true. Hard to say. Would suck but would seem to fit AT&T (sadly I read dslreports.com about AT&T and other companies...)

As far as apps crashing well...we don't know if you installed any OTHER app besides what's standard on the One X. Maybe a factory reset will help? Maybe try uninstalling apps one by one to see if that resolves it?

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Funny,I came from an iPhone 4 to the one x.. it's better in every way.. I had Facebook freeze and crash on ios all the time before they updated it.. I've experienced some of the same on android, but it has been far and few between.

I am running a custom rom now - viper XL - and my battery life is amazing, no "slow downs/crashing" of any sort (not saying it isn't possible, just haven't experienced it myself)

atomic_squid

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Funny,I came from an iPhone 4 to the one x.. it's better in every way.. I had Facebook freeze and crash on ios all the time before they updated it.. I've experienced some of the same on android, but it has been far and few between.

I am running a custom rom now - viper XL - and my battery life is amazing, no "slow downs/crashing" of any sort (not saying it isn't possible, just haven't experienced it myself)

I getting similar performance out of JellyBam, except I'm on 4.2, so I've got a bunch of extra improvements and have AOSP. I'm thoroughly enjoying it and would recommend rooting and S-OFFing to everyone. It's just so easy to do, it makes little sense to me not to do it.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I getting similar performance out of JellyBam, except I'm on 4.2, so I've got a bunch of extra improvements and have AOSP. I'm thoroughly enjoying it and would recommend rooting and S-OFFing to everyone. It's just so easy to do, it makes little sense to me not to do it.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Agree 100%... whenever I was running 4.1.2 of jellybam I was getting extremely good battery, it only makes sense that it's gotten better.. Gio is an amazing dev

Sent from my Dirty RootBox Nexus 7

MaxxMeister

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

I have thought about doing the custom rom and whatnot, I'm literally afraid that I would screw something up and brick my phone, have never done any of that rooting or jailbreaking! I have done some research on rooting, and have learned that by doing so it frees up a lot of resources, still afraid to do it...I know, I sound like a little baby about it. I'm more than willing to learn as much as I can simply for the fact that I'm stuck with this phone for another 18 months, haha! So keep it coming, and I can continue to try and learn more!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I have thought about doing the custom rom and whatnot, I'm literally afraid that I would screw something up and brick my phone, have never done any of that rooting or jailbreaking! I have done some research on rooting, and have learned that by doing so it frees up a lot of resources, still afraid to do it...I know, I sound like a little baby about it. I'm more than willing to learn as much as I can simply for the fact that I'm stuck with this phone for another 18 months, haha! So keep it coming, and I can continue to try and learn more!

Your not wrong in the feeling of screwing something up, but if you read and follow the instructions, it's not hard at all, and with the all in one toolkit is 99.9% noob proof

Having said that, don't let other people dictate what you do, keep reading till you have the confidence to do so

Sent from my Dirty RootBox Nexus 7

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site

I was in the same boat as you. I came from iPhone after 4 years and enjoyed my first taste of Android but bemoaned some quirks with the software, the random freezing, FCs, and reboots. Once I started to figure out things, I then turned my attention to the lack of being on the most recent software version. It's one thing to own an iPhone 3G and be told it's too old for all the new features of iOS 4 (yeah I'm still holding that grudge), but to have a phone that was barely 6 months old and be told an update to the latest version would be forthcoming, only to then sit and watch as every other country that your phone was released in received their updates and your carrier is completely silent about its intentions to upgrade...I just couldn't take it anymore. I'd jailbroken every iPhone I had owned so the act of "voiding my warranty" was not a scary proposition. The all-in-one toolkit put my mind at ease and made it pretty effortless to unlock the bootloader and root the phone. TWRP makes flashing ROMs, custom kernels, and other goodies so easy it's criminal. And so long as you follow directions and backup whenever making big changes, you can almost always fix your blunders...and what you can't fix on your own, xda usually can walk you through it. So don't fret too much. Keep reading, do some research, watch videos of the process, and when you're ready, jump in. I swear to you the water is fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Dirty AOKP 4.3 using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech