Jelly bean update finally here

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Someone who gets it please upload the OTA zip before you let it install so the devs can get it rooted :)

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Took them long enough...

Still gonna stick with ViperXL, though. My phone and I are both doing just fine without AT&T bloatware.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

dylan808

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
am i reading right or did ijust see that they just published the blog too early then pulled it? because if they did that would be typical AT&T lol...

- - - Updated - - -

am i reading right or did ijust see that they just published the blog too early then pulled it? because if they did that would be typical AT&T lol...

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site
doesn't mean they will be able to, May take some time to find a new exploit if HTC patched it

They can root/add superuser/busybox the OTA zip, what they may not be able to do is root a One X that accepted the OTA upgrade... So no one should accept it If they want to keep root or root until we know it's safe to do so.

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
My girlfriends one x just got the update. U guys get android beam project butter and Google now. Good stuff the phone seems to feel a lot smoother.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Viper v4 on the horizon I suspect.

Finally, assuming the rollout continues, everyone can get in on the goodness.

psufan32

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Does the update return the phone to stock? My GSII was wiped when it upgraded from Gingerbread to Jelly Bean. The reason I ask is that the wife will be mad if she has to re-configure everything.

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Does the update return the phone to stock? My GSII was wiped when it upgraded from Gingerbread to Jelly Bean. The reason I ask is that the wife will be mad if she has to re-configure everything.

Everything still seems to be there for my girlfriend.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Wth is the big N In the status bar and how do I make it stop?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362694396768.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362694396768.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 90

sooner74012

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I didn't lose anything on mine. However, I have lost WiFi for some reason. It shows that I'm connected to my WiFi but I can't get online, twitter, facebook...nothing. When I turn off my WiFi, and go to Mobile Network, everything works. Anybody have any ideas????

aboxa

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
This thing is already a fail.

First it tells me to connect to wifi (I already was)
Then when I try to click for the update nothing happens.

Just... :confused:

Oh nevermind, I just had to click it a bunch of times (why?). here we go!

cwise2222

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I got that more then a few times when I tried to update once it was confirmed that the update was out along with 'can not contact server'. I even got that when the first blog post was up. AT&T's servers might be slow with the mass of updates going on or it's just been having issues all day; which could explain why the first blog post annoucing the update got taken down. There is some random issue on the AT&T server end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton