How to Fix HTC One X Overheating/Flashing RED while Charging [RAPID Battery Drain]

Markjcc

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Is your HTC One X having POOR battery life? Does it heat up near the camera while the phone is on standby? Did your phone die then you plugged it in and there was a flashing red LED/Light

IF SO FOLLOW THIS

1. Charge the device for at least 10 minutes

2. With the device truly OFF (NOT ON STANDBY) , push in and hold volume up and volume down AND power button And HOLD for 2 minutes and let go once 2 Minutes has passed.

Doing this will calibrate the Circuit within the battery charging system.

vareef

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Have now had this problem twice. Fixed both times by completely powering down and restarting. Will try this next time. Has anyone else tried this interesting technique and had success with it?

Jim Pokorny

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
My one x was getting extremely hot by the camera and it wouldn't charge properly at all.I followed the instructions to a T and all is a lot better now. It's not overheating and is actually charging. Thanks for the post, it worked great.

eltristo

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I have tried this twice now, and it brings me to an hboot menu. Choices included fastboot, factory reset, and a few others. Sadly, I didn't decide to post this until after I had chosen an option, so I don't remember them all.

Did I do something wrong to get there? If not, what option?

insanimal

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

You say charge for 10 minutes, and then the next step is with the phone truly off - when the phone is switched off, should it still be plugged in to power, or not, or does it not matter?

Cheers,
Sam

Numan Ali

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Is your HTC One X having POOR battery life? Does it heat up near the camera while the phone is on standby? Did your phone die then you plugged it in and there was a flashing red LED/Light

IF SO FOLLOW THIS

2. With the device truly OFF (NOT ON STANDBY) , push in and hold volume up and volume down AND power button And HOLD for 2 minutes and let go once 2 Minutes has passed.

i have do this there 4 option fast boot
recovery boot etc.
but still my phone is over heating..

Just to say this

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I wasn't going to go through the trouble of registering just to post a comment, but this info was invaluable. I just opened my new HTC One X today, set it up and 2 hours later had my first 30 minute conversation. Well the phone got REALLY hot by the camera. So after the conversation ended I took the phone away from my ear to hang it up and the screen was just black. I couldn't get anything to come up and I figured the phone just died. So I hooked it up to charge but the charge light (at the upper right hand corner) didn't come on. The only light I could see was that really really dim one on the upper left. Anyway, after trying to hold down the power button to turn the phone back on, it would just make the bottom buttons flash on then off. So after my frustration I googled the problem and found this post. Everything works like a charm now after doing the 2 minute reset. Thanks a bunch!!!!

Moawya Edwan

May 1, 2013
Visit site
First of all i already tried it and it didnt work unfortunetly, but i have to ask does it need root and when i do the second step does it have to stay on charge , and if so tell me what to do litrally please

andriodtech

May 7, 2013
Visit site
u all plzzzzzz help me im in big trouble.

my htc have same condition. when i insert the charger only orange color light is blink. i tryied ur trick but when i press +and down key of vol... its being only blink some protocol is came and when i see deeply their was written h boot fast boot etc...and only blink this option. and handset not bieng on try to on during charging only htc blink without charger insert not being on what i should do plzzzzz tell me.why handset blink what is the problem plzzzzz tell me in detail or help by picture plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..thx in advance to all.

andriodtech

May 7, 2013
Visit site

IF SO FOLLOW THIS

hey mr markjcc will u plzzzz answer to us here is lot of question plzzz try to solve our queries.. plzzzz sir thx in advance.

MsElllll

May 9, 2013
Visit site
My phone life fully swiched of so i put it on charge now it is just flashing a red light it has been on charge for a number of hours and still will not turnon and just flashing a red light however i have pushed in the top of the phone and the volume up and down button and the white repair screen appared,and said battery life to low for light,then turned of what am i suppose to do???:(:(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund