Rooting htc one x with jellybean?

Adam Rambo

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I've tried to root my htc one x several times and I can't. It has the latest jellybean update and it's the at&t version. Is it possible?

mbcastle

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
No, it won't be possible until someone finds a new exploit, as AT&T/HTC patched the previous method with the new OTA. Keep tabs over at XDA.

As slow as AT&T was with the update why didn't you root first before taking the
OTA?

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming because you can't get the OTA while rooted. That's the problem I had with the very first OTA that fixed my wifi problems. I had to unroot before I could get the ota, even though I was completely stock otherwise.

Adam Rambo

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I never had the desire to root until two days ago. Lol. I know a bit slow to the punch! But rooting my fianc?e's phone didn't have much effect. It was a generic ZTE merit running gingerbread though. Then I started messing with this one. Sadly, my waiting is gonna lead to more waiting! I'll keep an eye on it though. I'm hoping they haven't completely stopped it from happening. Would a factory reset, root, update work?

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm willing to bet htc releases the source code for the newest update by late May... but devs and hackers may be able to figure it out sooner

samantha_who

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Any known updates? I've been having serious trouble with my OneX since I bought the stupid thing. I NEED to get rid of the preloaded apps because they're taking up more than half my GB space, and Ive never used any of them. And now, my phones slowing down so much that my archaic XP desktop runs at a faster speed -____-

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Any known updates? I've been having serious trouble with my OneX since I bought the stupid thing. I NEED to get rid of the preloaded apps because they're taking up more than half my GB space, and Ive never used any of them. And now, my phones slowing down so much that my archaic XP desktop runs at a faster speed -____-

[TOOL] HTC One X (Evita) All-In-One Toolkit V3.0 [6-4-2013] [PERM ROOT][Noob-Proof] - xda-developers
I did not read the recent posts, which would likely answer for certain, but the most recent all in one toolkit says it has the 3.18 exploit added. Sounds like that should do it :). It also has the S OFF procedure, which I would do as well. Since the phone took the jeallybean update, you may also have to deal with the touchscreen firmware issue here-
[How-To] Downgrade your Touch Panel's firmware (and upgrade back) - xda-developers

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol