Help! Photo Recovery & I cannot find my USB Storage?

Penoir

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I have an HTC One X & as we all have done I've deleted some photos I want back.
I've downloaded Stellar Phoenix Photo recovery & Wondershare Dr Fone but they both seem to get stuck at "Turn on USB Storage" which I cannot find on my HTC.
Can anyone help me out, i only need to recover about 5 photos.

Penoir

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Just got Dumpster thank you, it seems that will work from now on but it's not retrieving my deleted pics from the last 4days.
I've done some more research, it seems to have something to do with the latest HTC sync update. It's removed the option of how you mount your phone to the PC.

Raymond Tan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That sucks it was able to retrieve all my pictures. At least your better off than this other guy who decided to root and flash his mom's phone without backing anything up, and lost everyone of her photos, which was in the hundreds.

I now have my phone, tablet, dslr, and PC all setup to sync my pictures with Dropbox immediately after being taken. Any photo taken with any of those devices automatically uploads it to Dropbox, and makes it available to all the other devices. I then use "folder sync" to automatically sync it to a local folder on each of my devices, so it will show up in my gallery.

I pics that I retrieved with "dumpster" were actually lost when trying to set up this backup system. But now all my devices (plus Dropbox) are my backups for one another.

If you really want to try to retrieve the pictures I'm probably sure it's still possible. I used to work as a computer tech and there is more advanced software to recover lost and deleted files for professional technicians. It'll be expensive though, over $100 for either the software or service to do it for you, but if you really want the pics back you may want to look into it.

cajunrph

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
My understanding is that you can't recover from internal memory, only from an SD card. My soon to be ex wife took my phone one night and deleted pictures off of my phone. I had a GS3 at the time and the only pics I was able to recover were the ones that were on the SD card. The ones in internal memory were lost. It has to do with the way the internal memory is partitioned and certain security features of later versions of Android. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463