HELP! my htc one x won't turn on,

louxxjess

May 13, 2013
Visit site
today my htc one x froze, i forced a shut down by pressing the power key for 10 seconds. Now it keeps turning itself off and its takes for me to press the power button for a good minute to force it to turn back on. while i am pressing the power button all of the home keys etc on the bottom flash for either 6 or 8 times... It has probable turned itself off about 8 times now and after the 3rd time I got it on and backed everything up, rang htc and was told to do a factory reset. so it did it, now it is worse. Please if someone can help me fix it on my own?

cheers Lou

DarthJellyBaby

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello! I haven't got any answers (yet) but I'm in exactly the same position as you, factory reset and all. Very frustrating. How long have you had your HTC? Mine is about 9 months old (still have ages to go on my contract). I had a few issues with my previous HTC as well so it's put me right off getting another one! Let's hope someone can help us out :)

Melissa Argo

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Mine has done the same thing as well only it started with not updating. AT&T advised me to contact HTC who told me to factory reset and if that didn't work to just buy a new one!
Unbelievable. now after the factory reset it seemed like it was okay at first, then it did the same thing. turned off and I cannot get it back on. Of course AT&T does not want to do anything about it. HTC does not want to do anything about it. Its no ones fault. this started a month ago like I said by it not updating and I would not get some text msgs or phone calls and progressed to it vibrating and locking up then turned off and I spend hours trying to get it turned back on to factory reset it for it to do the exact same thing again.
It did have a full battery and it is now almost 11 months old but started at 10 months old. Reguardless, it should not be doing this. HTC suggested that I had downloaded an app that was doing this...not the case as I make sure all apps that I have downloaded are at least 4.0 rated with no hints of anything shady and only thru google play. even if it were an app, the factory reset would have taken care of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine has done the same thing as well only it started with not updating. AT&T advised me to contact HTC who told me to factory reset and if that didn't work to just buy a new one!
Unbelievable. now after the factory reset it seemed like it was okay at first, then it did the same thing. turned off and I cannot get it back on. Of course AT&T does not want to do anything about it. HTC does not want to do anything about it. Its no ones fault. this started a month ago like I said by it not updating and I would not get some text msgs or phone calls and progressed to it vibrating and locking up then turned off and I spend hours trying to get it turned back on to factory reset it for it to do the exact same thing again.
It did have a full battery and it is now almost 11 months old but started at 10 months old. Reguardless, it should not be doing this. HTC suggested that I had downloaded an app that was doing this...not the case as I make sure all apps that I have downloaded are at least 4.0 rated with no hints of anything shady and only thru google play. even if it were an app, the factory reset would have taken care of this.

Lisalicious

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Mine has don the same. Started turning itself off and cant get it to turn back on! I have deleted recently downloaded apps, rebooted, cleared data... you name it. Very frustrating! :-\

Justin Young2

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Mine has done it too. 2 times actually. They're supposed to flash 15 times, witch completes a hard reset. I was able to get mine back on by pressing the power button 2-3 times quickly. Not sure why, I've only had it for a day, traded with someone. But yea, not sure if it'll work for you, but it did for me.

Alexey73

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I managed to revive my HTC One XL (evita).
(THE PROCEDIURE DESCRIBED HERE WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND CONTAINS A RISK OF PERMANENTLY DAMAGING THE DEVICE!!!)
It took me taking off the back cover and unscrewing the 6 screws (just like getting to the battery replacement/disconnect-reconnect, ex. HTC One X Battery Replacement Tutorial - Using the HTC One X+ Battery - YouTube ).
Then I inserted a piece of plastic foam film (ca 1mm thick, like the one ised for laminate flooring underlay or in the insulated plastic bags for frozen foods) under the motherboard, i.e. between the motherboard and the back of the screen assembly.
Foam film insert's cut shape and the screws nedded to accessed are shown on the picture attached.
(Note to those taken the risk of doing this: All connectors shoudl be properly recconnected before assembly. Special attention is required to the connector under the motherboard on the conductors leading to the power switch - it gets easily unclamped when raising the motherboard even a little.
It tkaes pressing on the motherboard a bit before putting the screws back.)

It appears that the problem is mechanical. Probably it's CPU or some other chips that get out of proper contact (unsoldered?) with the motherboard's pcb - due to heating maybe. The problem is solved by inserting a material that puts permanent pressure on these parts.

Attachments

• htc one xl evita insert.png
    htc one xl evita insert.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 75

The wise guy

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine has done it too. 2 times actually. They're supposed to flash 15 times, witch completes a hard reset. I was able to get mine back on by pressing the power button 2-3 times quickly. Not sure why, I've only had it for a day, traded with someone. But yea, not sure if it'll work for you, but it did for me.

Thank you! Try pressing the power button 2-3x quickly. It tuned it on for me. (Mine was plugged and the led light finished blinking)