Google Now, location service problems

chendriks27

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
So I've updated to the new Google Search, cause apparently there's new features and cards. Checking it out afterwards gives me the message somewhere in the midst of G-Now that my Google location services are turned off. And it gives the option to go to the settings of same. Ref pictures attached. Going to the settings,it shows that location services is well turned on. Turning off all options an on again,even reinstalling doesn't help.
Anybody else experiencing this with G-Now after the update? Any suggestions to fix that.
I'm thankful for any help.

Cheers
Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369076901635.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369076901635.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 109
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369076920242.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369076920242.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 107

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked your Maps settings? "Automatic Location Reporting" should be active in order for Google Now to work its magic. This is, however, the biggest battery drain of Google Now. In my country there aren't many useful cards available anyway, so as soon as I turned those options off (yes, Google Now is turned off in my phone), BAM! My battery life nearly doubled.

chendriks27

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
As far as I'm concerned everything that should be turned on is turned on. I also noticed that on my HTC Sense,the weather eidget doesn't show the location where I'm at anymore, just shows the text "Current location". Any screenshot you can advise me with to see if I missed anything. This all started after updating G-search

dav_tech

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi.
I've got the exact same problem and so do lots of others. There's another thread somewhere. Majority of people say hard reset sorts it out. I'm gonna give it a few more days but I will prob have to hard reset

chendriks27

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi,tks for the info. In the meantime I found another thread that seems to say Google is working on it and has admitted apparently to some mostakes. However, a restart and hard reset didn't change anything for me, how about for yourself?

Muhammad Zakwan

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hai, me also got the same problem here, my HTC One X plus can't detect where's my location, so when I try to check in in another places I've been, it's say that i need to turn on all my location setting, but I already turn on all my location setting. It's there anyway to settle down this problem? Please help me~~~~ :'(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza