Downloaded images corrupting, can't mount as removable storage and check for bad sectors!

yarch

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Lately my phone has been eating images. It seems to do it after restarts and only does it to (for now) images in the "All downloads" folder under gallery. Initially the images are usable, then they will turn into a little icon like this /!\, then they disappear entirely. The problem didn't coincide with the installation of any new apps or change of any settings. Anybody have any idea what's wrong?

I would very much like to scan my phone for bad storage sectors but can't because the devs have oh-so-wisely decided to eliminate mass storage connectivity with this new version of android (this burns me up - android software developers need to learn the creed "IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT"). I have tried a couple of solutions found on different forums and none have worked... I would also like to know if anyone here has figured this out...

Thanks in advance

yarch

May 29, 2013
Visit site
So nobody has a clue what's up here? WOW
Bravo HTC for creating magical disappearing storage and Google for disabling the only way to check for bad sectors.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams