UXToolkit HTC One XL (AT&T)

Did this help you succeed? Just so I can understand you guys :)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: **now with pics/proof** root,bootloader unlock,s-off at&t htc one x on 3.18 update!

Wow i just joined, and i spent HOURS trying to get this to work 2 days ago. Decided i would give it another shot to see if it worked and it did! came in at a good time right as you fixed this issue.

However i have one more problem now. I have the toolkit folder extracted onto my desktop, but when i try and run motochopper, it gives me this error.

'C:\Documents' is not recognized as an internal or external command

any ideas?

edit: if it matters, here is the directory where its located

C:\Documents and Settings\Danelia\Desktop\One_X_ATT_All-In-One_Kit_v3.0\data>

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: **now with pics/proof** root,bootloader unlock,s-off at&t htc one x on 3.18 update!

Wow i just joined, and i spent HOURS trying to get this to work 2 days ago. Decided i would give it another shot to see if it worked and it did! came in at a good time right as you fixed this issue.

However i have one more problem now. I have the toolkit folder extracted onto my desktop, but when i try and run motochopper, it gives me this error.

'C:\Documents' is not recognized as an internal or external command

any ideas?

edit: if it matters, here is the directory where its located

C:\Documents and Settings\Danelia\Desktop\One_X_ATT_All-In-One_Kit_v3.0\data>

Why does the directory include documents and settings? Also I can help you via team viewer.

classic_omg

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site

hi why cant i obtain the S-OFF... i followed every step on your guide... need help thanks... im on a AT&T htc one x...

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

Why does the directory include documents and settings? Also I can help you via team viewer.

I figured thats what was up, i was on a computer in the office, so its connected to a network and directories are somewhat wierd. I'll try it again on my home pc when i get a chance. and to piggy back off classic's question, would it be better to complete this on a pc with win7? I have access to both XP and 7.

Thanks for the help so far, instructions seem very clear. Im sure i'll get it working once i figure out all my personal bugs and probs.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

I figured thats what was up, i was on a computer in the office, so its connected to a network and directories are somewhat wierd. I'll try it again on my home pc when i get a chance. and to piggy back off classic's question, would it be better to complete this on a pc with win7? I have access to both XP and 7.

Thanks for the help so far, instructions seem very clear. Im sure i'll get it working once i figure out all my personal bugs and probs.

I would recommend windows 7. Let me know how things work out. Also I'm about to release my toolkit. I'm just doing some final tweaks here and there and I'll release it for beta.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

I would recommend windows 7. Let me know how things work out. Also I'm about to release my toolkit. I'm just doing some final tweaks here and there and I'll release it for beta.

Yep, just tried it on my laptop and I got the same "Documents and settings" directory. They both have win XP. strange, oh well. I'll try it at the office again tom on the other computer(win7) when I inevitably get bored at work lol

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Yep, just tried it on my laptop and I got the same "Documents and settings" directory. They both have win XP. strange, oh well. I'll try it at the office again tom on the other computer(win7) when I inevitably get bored at work lol

To be honest, I've never heard of this before. You just Download it and drag it to your desktop and extract. I don't know why the directory would include that section.

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

thinkin about it too much, couldnt sleep without trying it on my desktop. It worked, managed to change the CID, and submitted my token ID to htcDev (which seems to have frozen)

I have a question though, is it completely necessary to unlock the bootloader and load another ROM on in order to Root the phone? Im simply trying to get access to certain Root-only apps, but im satisfied with my phones current OS and dont feel the need to change it.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

thinkin about it too much, couldnt sleep without trying it on my desktop. It worked, managed to change the CID, and submitted my token ID to htcDev (which seems to have frozen)

I have a question though, is it completely necessary to unlock the bootloader and load another ROM on in order to Root the phone? Im simply trying to get access to certain Root-only apps, but im satisfied with my phones current OS and dont feel the need to change it.

Yes, like I stated in the very beginning. This order is completely necessary. Don't try to adjust it. Unlocking the bootloader is required to flash a recovery which is required to root.

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

Ok :D

followed all steps and seem to be having same prob as Classic.

followed everything and granted SuperSU access on my phone, I adb reboot, but it still says S-ON.

I did notice though, that after using the "fastboot flash zip PJ8312000-OneX.zip" command, and using "fastboot oem boot" it comes up with this error

"(bootloader) jump_to_kernel: machine_id(3766), tags_addr(0x80400100), ker
(bootloader) nel_addr(0x80408000)
(bootloader) -------------------hboot boot time:33163 msec
FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 6.502s"

also, should adb shell chmod 744 /data/local/tmp/soffbin3 be returning some sort of code? it just jumped down to next line so i was not sure if anything was actually happening

C:\Users\EASY CONSULTING\Desktop\Tools>adb push soffbin3 /data/local/tmp/
26 KB/s (4751 bytes in 0.177s)
C:\Users\EASY CONSULTING\Desktop\Tools>adb shell chmod 744 /data/local/tmp/soffbin3
C:\Users\EASY CONSULTING\Desktop\Tools>adb shell su -c "/data/local/tmp/soffbin3"
C:\Users\EASY CONSULTING\Desktop\Tools>adb reboot bootloader

sorry to bombard you with questions at once, i feel so close to finally cracking this thing!

arze176

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T One X Root, Boot unlock, S-off on the Jellybean 3.18 OTA Update

Hello. I recently used the tools provided. I achieved cid11111111 unlocked bootloader, installed recovery, and su. When I attempted to gain s off I failed in step 3 adb tells me can't chmod.
However i downloaded magio Rom after making nandroid backup and followed steps for Rom with s on. It works but I get reboots when phone is done charging and data drops.
I downloaded viper and tried to install and it fails saying assert failed cannot obtain product is endeavorurs.
I then tried to restore my nandroid and when successfully completed and reboot the phone shows HTC splash screen and just goes black. Will not turn on.
However reflashing magio Rom it boots up fine.
I guess my question is do I need to reinstall drivers and try again to obtain s off. Adb devices says list of connected devices but it's blank and I was still able to push the boot.img from magio but no luck with viper or nandroid. Please help. Thank you

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Hello. I recently used the tools provided. I achieved cid11111111 unlocked bootloader, installed recovery, and su. When I attempted to gain s off I failed in step 3 adb tells me can't chmod.
However i downloaded magio Rom after making nandroid backup and followed steps for Rom with s on. It works but I get reboots when phone is done charging and data drops.
I downloaded viper and tried to install and it fails saying assert failed cannot obtain product is endeavorurs.
I then tried to restore my nandroid and when successfully completed and reboot the phone shows HTC splash screen and just goes black. Will not turn on.
However reflashing magio Rom it boots up fine.
I guess my question is do I need to reinstall drivers and try again to obtain s off. Adb devices says list of connected devices but it's blank and I was still able to push the boot.img from magio but no luck with viper or nandroid. Please help. Thank you

If you flash a rom with s on, you have to manually flash the boot.img.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

followed all steps and seem to be having same prob as Classic.

followed everything and granted SuperSU access on my phone, I adb reboot, but it still says S-ON.

I did notice though, that after using the "fastboot flash zip PJ8312000-OneX.zip" command, and using "fastboot oem boot" it comes up with this error

"(bootloader) jump_to_kernel: machine_id(3766), tags_addr(0x80400100), ker
(bootloader) nel_addr(0x80408000)
(bootloader) -------------------hboot boot time:33163 msec
FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 6.502s"

also, should adb shell chmod 744 /data/local/tmp/soffbin3 be returning some sort of code? it just jumped down to next line so i was not sure if anything was actually happening

C:\Users\EASY CONSULTING\Desktop\Tools>adb push soffbin3 /data/local/tmp/
26 KB/s (4751 bytes in 0.177s)
C:\Users\EASY CONSULTING\Desktop\Tools>adb shell chmod 744 /data/local/tmp/soffbin3
C:\Users\EASY CONSULTING\Desktop\Tools>adb shell su -c "/data/local/tmp/soffbin3"
C:\Users\EASY CONSULTING\Desktop\Tools>adb reboot bootloader

sorry to bombard you with questions at once, i feel so close to finally cracking this thing!

That fail is normal. Like I stated before, I can help you via team viewer to see what is the problem.

Last edited:

arze176

May 2, 2012
Visit site

If I have flash boot image manually then do I have to do the same if I restore from nandroid back up.
The manual boot flash works for magio.
I'm starting to think I got a bad download of viper maybe connection dropped and resimed.
As far as s off
When I followed your steps I did get the message I was supposed to after flashing the pj83100onex zip then second step was good. Phone was on and unlocked third step was good then the last step said can't chmod but superuser access grant came up on screen.
Can I try again from that step or is it sol. My worst case is just to restore with my backup. Do I need to manually flash boot image if I am restoring from back-up.
Your help is greatly appreciated

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

If I have flash boot image manually then do I have to do the same if I restore from nandroid back up.
The manual boot flash works for magio.
I'm starting to think I got a bad download of viper maybe connection dropped and resimed.
As far as s off
When I followed your steps I did get the message I was supposed to after flashing the pj83100onex zip then second step was good. Phone was on and unlocked third step was good then the last step said can't chmod but superuser access grant came up on screen.
Can I try again from that step or is it sol. My worst case is just to restore with my backup. Do I need to manually flash boot image if I am restoring from back-up.
Your help is greatly appreciated

Do you have an HTC One X from AT&T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC