UXToolkit HTC One XL (AT&T)

Did this help you succeed? Just so I can understand you guys :)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T One X Root, Boot unlock, S-off on the Jellybean 3.18 OTA Update

Yeah, just installed it... tried again, still getting stuck on waiting for device while the phone sits at the Bootloader screen

Gonna try it on an older computer with Win 7, will report back.

Windows 7 will most likely work. I have windows 7 enterprise for example. Also try rebooting your computer after installing drivers.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, just installed it... tried again, still getting stuck on waiting for device while the phone sits at the Bootloader screen

Gonna try it on an older computer with Win 7, will report back.

If all else fails, use the windows 7 computer.

anon(173155)

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Unlocked, S-OFF and Rooted... now to install a new ROM :)

EDIT: Meant to post that earlier, but it didn't go. Have a new ROM and am loving it. Much thanks for this tool!!!!!!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Unlocked, S-OFF and Rooted... now to install a new ROM :)

EDIT: Meant to post that earlier, but it didn't go. Have a new ROM and am loving it. Much thanks for this tool!!!!!!

Nice! Have fun flashing!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

An update for this toolkit is coming v3.1 with revised instructions to clear some confusion, new color, and new features. I'm also going to edit the layout just a bit.

arze176

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Where can I get the proper HTC drivers as I don't see the links anywhere?

EDIT: OS is Windows 8.1 btw

EDIT 2: I see 8.1 may have issues. DARNIT.

If you use HTC sync manager I believe it installs latest ones. Then just uninstall when rooted if you don't like it

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

If you use HTC sync manager I believe it installs latest ones. Then just uninstall when rooted if you don't like it

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

I think the new design is going to be much simpler. I'm also adding a hover over to see info feature for the buttons. That way, you can read what the button is going to do before you click it.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Greetings everyone. I have released v3.1! A lot of work went into this update (over 300 lines of code in Visual Studio). Some of the major features:

-You can now flash a TWRP version for Android 4.4 Roms.
-Cleaner UI
-More ADB/Fastboot Commands

For a complete list of changes, look in the updates section of the post.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

I'm also working on making my dev website look more friendly.

David Norris

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

Thanks, Good job with the toolkit. I finally got my HTC One X (AT&T) to S-Off.
Tried the other methods, but they didn't work.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Thanks, Good job with the toolkit. I finally got my HTC One X (AT&T) to S-Off.
Tried the other methods, but they didn't work.
Thanks! Have fun flashing roms!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: **now with pics/proof** root,bootloader unlock,s-off at&t htc one x on 3.18 update!

Dang, SuperSU is on v1.85 already. Time flys. Remember guys to check for newer binaries for SuperSU or update SuperSU in the play store after you flash it before you do S-OFF, as you need the latest version. Without the latest binaries, S-OFF will most likely fail. -___-

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: **now with pics/proof** root,bootloader unlock,s-off at&t htc one x on 3.18 update!

I'm moving around web hosters again. The website will not be updated for now. I am also considering changing the name of the toolkits. Rather then calling it Wizzrah's Toolkits, I might start a toolkit series called "rToolkit". I might also move the domain again to ".io" or ".sx" instead of ".pw". So many choices, but of course I will still include HTTPS for the website. Next update for the toolkit will come soon as I am splitting the toolkit into two versions, a simple version, and an advanced version. I will minimalize the interface even further, so just wait and see :)

illogicalmind

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Thanks Wizzrah,

I had to replace my phone (daughter dumped drink on original ONE X) and AT&T gave me one as updated as possible... I got it, but ran into a few snags.

I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

Got my superCID to 11111111, but after I got the token it failed for error:160 on HTCdev. I checked my SuperCID and found that when your program made the reboot call, it would reset SuperCID back to CW_0001 or whatever it was. I had to open a second CMD, run your program, then let that window open and run the fastboot oem readcid and Fastboot oem get_identifier_token manually. Then I was able to get the HTCdev unlocker. Dunno why is was giving me trouble, but I eventually got it and now I'm back on my feet.

Want to point out that I was also having trouble copying the token from CMD. I've never had that problem with my other phones. I had to copy everything to notepad and delete the (bootloader) lines then copy from there and paste it. stupid, but worked.

I've had new phone for about a week and its making me crazy that it was rooted. I haven't done S-OFF yet. S-OFF was unsuccessful on my old phone so I never bothered. It didn't bother me to load boot.img manually.

Thank you again though. I was nervous I had this 3.18 and was going to be screwed.

illogicalmind

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

S-Off Worked Also!! Thanks Wizzrah for making it easier. And to all the Devs that managed to handle this stupid phone. AT&T are irritating. Androids are meant to be free.

Thanks Again. I usually run ViperXL w/sense 4, but I'm considering Kickdroid. I just hated sense 5 when I had it...

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Thanks Wizzrah,

I had to replace my phone (daughter dumped drink on original ONE X) and AT&T gave me one as updated as possible... I got it, but ran into a few snags.

Got my superCID to 11111111, but after I got the token it failed for error:160 on HTCdev. I checked my SuperCID and found that when your program made the reboot call, it would reset SuperCID back to CW_0001 or whatever it was. I had to open a second CMD, run your program, then let that window open and run the fastboot oem readcid and Fastboot oem get_identifier_token manually. Then I was able to get the HTCdev unlocker. Dunno why is was giving me trouble, but I eventually got it and now I'm back on my feet.

Want to point out that I was also having trouble copying the token from CMD. I've never had that problem with my other phones. I had to copy everything to notepad and delete the (bootloader) lines then copy from there and paste it. stupid, but worked.

I've had new phone for about a week and its making me crazy that it was rooted. I haven't done S-OFF yet. S-OFF was unsuccessful on my old phone so I never bothered. It didn't bother me to load boot.img manually.

Thank you again though. I was nervous I had this 3.18 and was going to be screwed.

Fastboot oem boot just reboots the phone. It's just there for the lazy people that don't want to manually boot up. The token should be easy. You just right click in the prompt and select mark. Highlight the token, and then click enter. Should be like that. S-OFF is super helpful when flashing roms. The trouble is worth it :)

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

S-Off Worked Also!! Thanks Wizzrah for making it easier. And to all the Devs that managed to handle this stupid phone. AT&T are irritating. Androids are meant to be free.

Thanks Again. I usually run ViperXL w/sense 4, but I'm considering Kickdroid. I just hated sense 5 when I had it...

Try cleanrom r2 and flash the beastmode kernel 3.5.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Thanks Wizzrah,

I have identified this issue with "fastboot oem boot." While I never had problems with this command, I will change it to "fastboot reboot" instead.

arze176

May 2, 2012
Visit site

FYI
Currently running shoredroid 4.4.2
Aosp cm11 omni ROM combo
Hboot is 2.15 s-off
This is compatible with twrp and cwm as long as they are latest. No issues of instability yet. Just needed to get away from sense.
Wizzrah. I got some ideas for your ROM if you are interested.
I thought I would let the community know my standing and phones specs. And stability

Sent from my One X using AC Forums mobile app

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

FYI
Aosp cm11 omni ROM combo
Hboot is 2.15 s-off
This is compatible with twrp and cwm as long as they are latest. No issues of instability yet. Just needed to get away from sense.
I thought I would let the community know my standing and phones specs. And stability

I haven't been working on my rom lately. I got like 2 "nightlys" out and then stopped lol. I'm working on the toolkits. I think this will be the final change... unless bugs are found or I wanna add more stuff. Other then that, this is it! The next update should come tonight or tomorrow. Then I can get cracking on other toolkits for other phones!

- - - Updated - - -

FYI
Aosp cm11 omni ROM combo
Hboot is 2.15 s-off

Also my toolkit will flash a TWRP that supports android 4.4 FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae