HELP wifi not in range, but all other devices can connect to it!

lotlos

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

My HTC One X had no issue with home wifi until yesterday. It would not connect to my home wifi when i got home last night. When I turn wifi on, it will find the home wifi, after I enter the password and hit connect, it will show 'connecting' and then 'searching IP' or something for a second then goes blank showing 'not in range'. I've tried to restart the router, the phone, turned on and off wifi on the phone, on and off airplane mode, forgot the connection and start up again, change the DHCP to static with IP address etc, but still getting the same result.

The laptop, ipod are all working fine with the wifi. The password is correct as I have tried it on my laptop.

The only out-of-ordinary thing I have done to the phone which I had never done before was that I have used the blue tooth to transferred pictures to a friend's phone. I have since disabled blue tooth and unpaired that phone. My phone still wouldn't connect to home wifi.

I would real appreciate if anyone can help out here.

Thank you

dart4605

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem when my phone updated to Jelly Bean. None of the fixes suggested worked. I think it is a bug (I'm sure they'll call it a "feature") in JB.

P.S. I was able to get my phone to sometimes see and connect to the router by forcing the router to use channel 1. It seems to work more often very late at night. When it works, it works fine. However, it will stop working and disappear randomly. My other router works fine. So if you can find a router that the phone "likes", you could replace the router. (That seems unreasonable to me, but...) FWIW, the router that the phone no longer likes works just fine with a wide assortment of other devices.

Last edited:

lotlos

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have just realized that it is not only the wifi not working, the phone won't connect to mobil data either! Text and calling is working fine though... any of you have the same problem?

Allnjms

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I have just got same problem.
Any idea's anyone?
I have tried wifi in work and it says not in range for that as well. It seems like the wireless receiver software is glitched somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want to reset again, as I am sick of losing all data even though google backs up.

mlwdofc

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Did you get an answer? I have the same problem (after getting a new phone via warranty). The Wifi will randomly work and just as randomly stop. Sometimes changing a setting will trigger the Wifi into a successful working state (for example, enabling NFC or toggling Airplane mode), but the results are not consistent and difficult to reproduce. I've worked with software for a long time, and this problem seems like and has the feel of a bug.

ramirezfontana

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Does anybody know if rooting and using a custom rom will do anything to solve this issue? My phone was rooted until the mb packed in and was replaced. The replacement has jb and a fantastic new problem with the WiFi range. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers.

Posted via Android Central App

Kartik Swami

Jan 11, 2018
Visit site
Hi there,

My HTC One X had no issue with home wifi until yesterday. It would not connect to my home wifi when i got home last night. When I turn wifi on, it will find the home wifi, after I enter the password and hit connect, it will show 'connecting' and then 'searching IP' or something for a second then goes blank showing 'not in range'. I've tried to restart the router, the phone, turned on and off wifi on the phone, on and off airplane mode, forgot the connection and start up again, change the DHCP to static with IP address etc, but still getting the same result.

The laptop, ipod are all working fine with the wifi. The password is correct as I have tried it on my laptop.

The only out-of-ordinary thing I have done to the phone which I had never done before was that I have used the blue tooth to transferred pictures to a friend's phone. I have since disabled blue tooth and unpaired that phone. My phone still wouldn't connect to home wifi.

I would real appreciate if anyone can help out here.

Thank you

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig