I have a rooted ATT HTC One X. I had been using Viper X 3.6 as my ROM without any problems. I updated my kernel from ElementalX 7 to BeastMode Reloaded 3.5, then flashed Viper XL 4.0 followed by 4.1 and 4.2. Ever since then, the camera takes "blocky" pictures. I attached a picture I took this weekend. This is how most (but sometimes not all) the pictures turn out--a green block somewhere on the picture and "shadows" throughout. Anyone have any idea on what's going on? And more importantly, how I can get the camera working properly? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Camera Problem after Viper XL 4.2 update-imag0017.jpg  
    10-27-2013 05:25 PM
    I have a rooted ATT HTC One X. I had been using Viper X 3.6 as my ROM without any problems. I updated my kernel from ElementalX 7 to BeastMode Reloaded 3.5, then flashed Viper XL 4.0 followed by 4.1 and 4.2. Ever since then, the camera takes "blocky" pictures. I attached a picture I took this weekend. This is how most (but sometimes not all) the pictures turn out--a green block somewhere on the picture and "shadows" throughout. Anyone have any idea on what's going on? And more importantly, how I can get the camera working properly? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Just gotta say, that is one creepy picture. Well anyways, did you flash the kernel first? Try re-flashing the rom and then the kernel. I think it might of flashed wrong somewhere.
    10-27-2013 06:24 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply and suggestion.
    1. Yes, I flashed the kernel first, then the ROM. Just in general, what's the best order? ROM and then kernel? Kernel then ROM?
    2. I booted to TWRP, wiped the cache and did a factory reset, then reflashed Viper XL 4.2. I took some pictures yesterday and today, and so far (knock on wood) the camera has worked fine. Hope it's fixed!
    Thanks again.
    10-28-2013 08:52 PM
    OK, I just went and checked your rooting guide. You list ROM first, then the kernel, so that's the order I'll use in the future.
    10-28-2013 09:05 PM
    OK, I just went and checked your rooting guide. You list ROM first, then the kernel, so that's the order I'll use in the future.
    Yeah usually that is the correct way. Hopefully I helped!
    10-28-2013 10:40 PM
    1. Yes, I flashed the kernel first, then the ROM. Just in general, what's the best order? ROM and then kernel? Kernel then ROM?
    2. I booted to TWRP, wiped the cache and did a factory reset, then reflashed Viper XL 4.2. I took some pictures yesterday and today, and so far (knock on wood) the camera has worked fine. Hope it's fixed!
    Thanks again.
    Yeah I think that should do it.
    10-28-2013 10:46 PM
    Thanks again.
    Also, I also suggest trying Cleanrom 7.0. It's a rom based on Sense 5 and it's by far the most stable Sense 5 Rom that I've used. But I'll see after I get to use it more.
    10-28-2013 10:47 PM