Masking IMEI

Status
Not open for further replies.

onelpeleg

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Curiosity killed the cat, but the satisfaction brought him back :)

Ok, I know IMEI discussion are very sensitive and I do not intend to breech any law with this question. I am actually using my real name here on the forums! O:)

For pure curiosity and scientifical reasons and not because I am worried about NSA or plan to take over James Bond position ;-)

Has anyone here tried masking his IMEI? I know its possible for nearly any other HTC version and 99% of all smart phones. I also know that government (etc) "associates" are masking their IMEI (yes Obama and Angie too!).

Has anyone researched on this issue?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Curiosity killed the cat, but the satisfaction brought him back :)

Ok, I know IMEI discussion are very sensitive and I do not intend to breech any law with this question. I am actually using my real name here on the forums! O:)

For pure curiosity and scientifical reasons and not because I am worried about NSA or plan to take over James Bond position ;-)

Has anyone here tried masking his IMEI? I know its possible for nearly any other HTC version and 99% of all smart phones. I also know that government (etc) "associates" are masking their IMEI (yes Obama and Angie too!).

Has anyone researched on this issue?

Changing/masking/altering your imei is illegal. This is alteration of identification and is considered unlawful. It is what police use in investigations, as carriers provide it if needed. If you are AT&T, they constantly scan imei's and will know if you try to change it and I believe it is the same with all carriers. Story short, don't change it lol.

onelpeleg

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
If masking is also defined as illegal, I would then drop this new project I was thinking of ;-)

Otherwise please note that IMEI masking hardware is being exported via ebay, alibaba, aliexpress etc. (will not give details of what hardware) which must also be illegal.
I guess. So it should be "Changing/masking/altering/buying-selling-IMEI-hardwares/softwares-editors is illegal! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams