HTC One X - I need some help with random reboots and cell signal loss while locked

bloodyweb

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Ok I've been rooted and unlocked thanks to wizzrah's posts very helpful, and I have tried almost every custom rom and I cant find any that is stable for my att&t one x evita the carbon rom has been the closest to working right but I get random reboots and then it will get stuck in a boot loop till I do a complete shutdown and start it back up its all good for a while this in on the newest nightly CARBON-JB-NIGHTLY-20131004-0041-evita and i've tried a few older ones also and get the same thing.

now I've tried viperXL and it's very nice but with it and most others I try they work good but I lose cell signal while its locked and then I have to restart the phone to get it back but with other roms like cleanrom 7.0.p1 , MagioRom R4.0.2 , CyanogenMod. KickDroidXL v4.0.0 , I lose my cell signal while its locked but after I unlock it my signal comes back without restarting my phone.

Now I,ve even tried the new beanstalk ROM with kk 4.4 and it works after install till i restart the phone then it gets stuck in a boot loop so any ive tried just about everything i can find and im not finding anything stable.

So what im asking now is can i install the stock rom that comes with the phone and keep it rooted or am i screwed at this point?

If I can where can I get it and what do I need to do ??

my phone is--- if this helps at all

HBOOT-2.14.0000
Radio 0.24p.32.09.06
openDSP v34.1.0.45.1219
eMMC-boot
Nov 26 2012, 18:37:14:-1

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok I've been rooted and unlocked thanks to wizzrah's posts very helpful, and I have tried almost every custom rom and I cant find any that is stable for my att&t one x evita the carbon rom has been the closest to working right but I get random reboots and then it will get stuck in a boot loop till I do a complete shutdown and start it back up its all good for a while this in on the newest nightly CARBON-JB-NIGHTLY-20131004-0041-evita and i've tried a few older ones also and get the same thing.

now I've tried viperXL and it's very nice but with it and most others I try they work good but I lose cell signal while its locked and then I have to restart the phone to get it back but with other roms like cleanrom 7.0.p1 , MagioRom R4.0.2 , CyanogenMod. KickDroidXL v4.0.0 , I lose my cell signal while its locked but after I unlock it my signal comes back without restarting my phone.

Now I,ve even tried the new beanstalk ROM with kk 4.4 and it works after install till i restart the phone then it gets stuck in a boot loop so any ive tried just about everything i can find and im not finding anything stable.

So what im asking now is can i install the stock rom that comes with the phone and keep it rooted or am i screwed at this point?

If I can where can I get it and what do I need to do ??

my phone is--- if this helps at all

HBOOT-2.14.0000
Radio 0.24p.32.09.06
openDSP v34.1.0.45.1219
eMMC-boot
Nov 26 2012, 18:37:14:-1

Also, do you have s off?

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

bloodyweb

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes i used beastmode with cleanrom and Kickdroid but it did the same thing
i thought cleanrom was going to work at 1st but it also lost cell signal while locked

oh yea i also have s-off

oh and if that aint the latest carbon how do i know witch one cause its the last one on the list
what is the latest if you dont mind me askin so i can try that lol

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes i used beastmode with cleanrom and Kickdroid but it did the same thing
i thought cleanrom was going to work at 1st but it also lost cell signal while locked

oh yea i also have s-off

oh and if that aint the latest carbon how do i know witch one cause its the last one on the list
what is the latest if you dont mind me askin so i can try that lol

Cleanrom and kickdroid both have an option called sleep mode which shuts off radios to save battery life. I'm not sure if that was the case. Also how bad is the signal loss? Its been fine for me with any ROM. I even get LTE

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

bloodyweb

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
yea I found that setting and tried that still did the same thing

im on carbon right now but havent installed gapps or anything yet and so far its doing good all night

could the gapps have anything to do with that rebooting or losing signal?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
yea I found that setting and tried that still did the same thing

im on carbon right now but havent installed gapps or anything yet and so far its doing good all night

could the gapps have anything to do with that rebooting or losing signal?

Don't see how. You're just flashing google apps...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood