Will my AT&T HOX get update if I'm using it on T-Mobile?

4ringsa6

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I ask this because last update I had to manually update. Which wiped all memory.

and on software update check it says ATT software check. Which I no longer have.

I'm guessing that I won't get the update since I'm with T-Mobile right?

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I ask this because last update I had to manually update. Which wiped all memory.

and on software update check it says ATT software check. Which I no longer have.

I'm guessing that I won't get the update since I'm with T-Mobile right?

Do you mean that you are using a T-Mobile SIM card+ their service?

4ringsa6

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Unlocked the phone and using with T-Mobile. Since these updates come from att wasn't sure if I'd get them.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Unlocked the phone and using with T-Mobile. Since these updates come from att wasn't sure if I'd get them.

Someone may have more knowledge in this, but because it is unlocked, it might be a problem since you are not bound solely to AT&T. It might work if you insert an AT&T SIM card that is active. It can get notifications from the AT&T network that there is an update. Are you on 4.1.1?

danjus

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Someone may have more knowledge in this, but because it is unlocked, it might be a problem since you are not bound solely to AT&T. It might work if you insert an AT&T SIM card that is active. It can get notifications from the AT&T network that there is an update. Are you on 4.1.1?
I'm on 4.1.1 and I managed to update it with foreign sim card on one HTC ONE X, however I'm trying to the same with one more phone and so far only shows that I'm on 'latest' software and no need to upgrade. Tonight I tried again, and it says "SERVER UNAVAILABLE", I'll try after midnight, maybe I'll make it again. But, I did update without AT&T card on freshly SIM unlocked phone once.

First I downloaded and installed some small update and after that I did have to reset phone to factory default since software didn't allowed 2nd upgrade, I have to wait 48 hrs according to them to try again. However, I did reset it to factory, and after proper log in I was able to download some huge 600MB update or something, and it was 4.2 update.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm on 4.1.1 and I managed to update it with foreign sim card on one HTC ONE X, however I'm trying to the same with one more phone and so far only shows that I'm on 'latest' software and no need to upgrade. Tonight I tried again, and it says "SERVER UNAVAILABLE", I'll try after midnight, maybe I'll make it again. But, I did update without AT&T card on freshly SIM unlocked phone once.

You should root it instead of upgrading.

Check out my toolkit:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-x/300735-eztoolkit-cloud-evita-one-xl-t.html#post2958215

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I have mine that is rooted, also have LG G2 rooted, but those that I have for sale are selling better with official software, people wouldn't bother me after purchase and ask stupid questions.

Lol. Understandable. Keep em stock then. That way, AT&T is to blame for problems :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy