Grey Android icons with SD card overlaid

racelaj

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
With Android 4.2.2 and Sense 5.0 on my non-rooted One X, when I delete an App I get a grey Android icon shown below in the App drawer. Any idea how to get rid of them? Uninstall does not work as they just show up again the next day. The apps are not on the phone storage either and I cannot find anything related with a file manager and a reboot does nothing to solve this. Only thing I haven't tried is a backup + hard reset since I am leery of losing my stuff...TIA
Screenshot_2014-03-25-13-47-29.png

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Were they moved to the SD card? If so, try moving them back to the phone to see if they go away after an uninstall.

racelaj

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Were they moved to the SD card? If so, try moving them back to the phone to see if they go away after an uninstall.

Sorry I should've mentioned - there is no SD card on the One X. You can only move apps to "Phone Storage" and back, whatever that means. Weird thing is, these icons only began showing up after the upgrade to 4.2 and Sense 5 in January 2014. All the time before with different launchers I never saw this happen after I deleted a moved app. I will try reinstalling one of the apps and moving back then uninstalling to see if it works!

Thanks

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I had the HTC One X+ and it had a virtual SD card, wasn't sure if it was the same on the HTC One X or not. I tend to just assume people know what I'm thinking. It's a bad habit of mine.....lol

Let us know if it works :)

racelaj

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
OK I think it worked - reinstalled the app then uninstalled from the Settings > Apps section rather than uninstalling from the App drawer. Just rebooted the phone and its not showing up so far :cool:

racelaj

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
My bad - didn't work. After a few days they reappeared. I tried reinstalling a variety of the apps, moving them to phone storage and back (or not) and uninstalling, all to no avail. What I think it's related to is BlinkFeed. When I use a different launcher or home screen than BlinkFeed, I don't get those icons in my App drawer so problem solved (kinda)
:-\

tomc1944

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Had same problem. Go to app drawer and in upper right hand corner click on 3 dots and hide the apps. They will go away.

Kw2Karin

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Had the same problem - plugged the usb in and found some duplicate folders that were empty. I deleted these along with the files in the LOST.DIR, rebooted the phone and so far, they are gone.

Pcarmuc

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I also have this problem and its really annoying. There must be some residual file/link somewhere in the phones file systems but my lost.dir is empty and I cant see any duplicate folders. I don't want to just hide the apps as suggest as there must be a solution :(.

Has anyone come up with anything new to resolve this issue ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay