HTC ONE X not storing charge / battery not storing charge

Ali Khan19

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Android 4.2.2, Rooted

i have bought a used htx one x from an online store,
first time i turned on the phone, the battery level was about 55%... later in about 4 hours, with no apps running, the battery dropped to 9%.
i connected the charger which came with the phone, The battery icon on the top right showed charging animation but battery level % kept on decreasing gradually and finally phone turned off due to low battery. And then in off-state, i plugged the charger and it took all night to charge
the battery just 32%. i think that's too slow as normal full-charging time is about 2-3 hours...
i have tried different cables, chargers and usb ports but no use.

I have replaced the battery thinking that battery could be the problem, but didn't get any fix..
even with the new battery, the phone is not charging in on-state although battery charging sign appears and red light turns on when charger is connected.
and if the phone is charged in off-state, it takes forever to charge

here's all that in short:
>phone heating up from back under the camera.
>not storing any charger in on-state although red light blinks then go solid.
>in off-state, charging rate is too little that it takes forever to charge.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it heat up up excessively during charging, or when you're using it off the charger? Were any of the chargers the original HTC charger? Since you bought it used, there's no guarantee that the charger they sent with the phone is the original one--does it say HTC on it?

Have you been charging the phone up using a wall outlet, or a computer USB port? Make sure it's a wall outlet, since the current from a USB port is pretty weak.

If the problem persists, I'd wonder about a faulty charging port. I would contact the store where you bought it and inquire about a return or exchange before it's too late.

Ali Khan19

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
unluckily the store had no return policy, :-\
it heats up under the camera while its on charging,
but when its off the charger and being used, device is even more hotter, the charger which im using is standard HTC charger with 5V and 1.0A rating, i guess charger is not the issue because i have tried different wall-chargers.

the problem is that device would get hot when its charged in on-state. and wont store the charge.

but when i turn off the device and then plug in the charger, only in off-state it is able to charge the battery but not efficiently.. i mean it takes ages to charge...

could it be any hardware problem??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not that technical, but I'd guess there's some problem with either the battery contacts or the charging circuits in the phone (since you said you've already tried a new battery). I'm afraid I don't have much else to suggest besides bringing it in to a repair shop. Good luck!

Ali Khan19

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
anyways... thanks for your help,
i took the phone to repair shop, and they said processor of the phone is causing problem, and would heat up while phone is on..
they said it would be fixed in two days.... well I'm waiting for their reply.
besides this, I've much learned about buying a used product online.... the chances are it will be a headache as long as you own it..!! :eek: :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol