HTC One X

km6061

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys

I'm having some trouble with my HOX. I`m currently running a rooted droid running android revolution 33.1. I have CWM 6.0.3.2 as my current recovery and am trying to update to 6.0.4.8 so I can put slimkat 9.0 on my HOX. As I understand it the slimkat rom requires SELinux support for the rom to run and the latest version of CWM has this.

I have tried flashing the update using flashify and rom manager. Both say they have flashed correctly, however when i boot into recovery my version is still the current one im running. I have also tried using fastboot to flash the new recovery and it keeps coming up with "unknown error" in windows CMD. I have also tried apply update.zip from the recovery and i keep getting the error message "E: Can't open /sdcard/update.zip no such file or directory". And the zip file i made is just called "recovery" and NOT "recovery.zip". I know this has caused trouble for other people, so this was the first thing I checked.

So I have a few questions. These are: Why fastboot won't flash the new recovery/why I get the error message "E: Can't open /sdcard/update.zip no such file or directory"/ would i have to revert to stock rom and recovery and relock so I could re root the HOX and install the latest recovery.

Any and all help is welcome and greatly appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) Are you cure you're putting the file in /sdcard, not in one of its folders?

2) Are you sure the file you're making is a zip file? (IOW, did you make it with a zip program.) If so, rename it to add the .zip extension. (Make sure you're not coming to the conclusion that it's not named update.zip because it says update, not update.zip, in a Windows computer set to not show common extensions. Being set it that way, it should show update.zip as update.)

km6061

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
yes i'm sure. i drag the file from desktop to the HOX internal storage and make sure its at the bottom of the list to avoid the files.
the file wasx made with winrar so i beieve its a zip file.
it does show the file name as just "update" with no .zip at the end. i have now set windows to show common extentions so i know it will be called update.zip
by renmae to add zip extention, you mean type .zip myself corect?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49