My HTC one X has music downloaded and I know it does because it shows up in some places like alarms, but it will not show up in google play. I haven't had this phone for very long and I could use some help. I have what ever update is the newest. I know the music is on the phone and I did use sync manager but for some reason I can't play it through google play. What can I do to fix this issue? Thanks. Also the playlists I have are on there, but they all say they have zero songs, but if I say "copy to a playlist" it will tell me how me songs I have moved etc. So weird
    09-15-2015 06:11 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! How did you download the music to the phone--using the Google Play Music app? Or HTC Sync Manager?

Use a file manager app, or connect the phone to your computer via USB and use Windows Explorer, so that you can identify which directory the music files are in. Are they in the main Music directory, or some other?

This section of my guide might be helpful as well: http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/399060-guide-getting-started-android-updated-2015-lollipop.html#post3707505
    09-15-2015 11:49 PM