Receive emails on my HTC One X but can't send any?

A

AC Question

receive emails on my HTC One X but can't send any?

I've had my HTC One X for about 3 years and yesterday I got an error message when trying to reply to emails from both my Hotmail and Yahoo accounts in the Mail App. I get an error message saying 'Mail has stopped unexpectedly. Would you like to send an error report to HTC? This will help us to improve our products.' The issue seems to happen on Wi-Fi and 3G.

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: receive emails on my HTC One X but can't send any?

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps>All, select Mail, and Clear Cache. If that doesn't work, then try removing the email accounts and then adding them back again.

ruxperienced

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site

This problem came up for a user at work. I have the first version of the HTC One and am unaffected. He has the One M9. I have cleared the mail data and that did not help. I also deleted the account and then added it back in. Still if you click on reply you get the "Mail has stopped unexpectedly would you like to send crash data to HTC" message.
Hardware version is 3
Software version is 2.11.651.19
Model number is 0PJAZ

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Is it an Exchange email account? If so, try clearing cache/data from Exchange Services as well.

jstrombergbcn

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
How do you 'roll back' the android system webview? (what does it mean? i see ASW in my list of apps but not sure what i should be doing.) i am desperate for a solution to this same Mail error problem.. thanks!

bbsmummy

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Rolling back the app Android System Webview was the answer for me too! I totally thought I just needed to update my system, so finally did that tonight and it still wasn't working, had no idea it was a common thing with the HTC One! Founsd this page, followed the instructions, yay! Thanks so much!

Lacaz

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Same here, I was receiving emails with no issues on all three email accounts including an Exchange Outlook account, but it would not send emails out.
I removed updates to HTC webview app and eurika it now works fine!!!!
Thanks all!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad