How do I get my HTC One X Phone to accept Beats EP Volume Button?

LillyRose Hunter

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
ok, so i have an HTC One X phone and i had recently gotten a new pair of Beats EP, and i have been trying to turn up & down, Stop, and play My music. I am using Google Play Music and it appears that its not working. I also have another pair of beats, and the same problem prevails. i have tried using apps, and looking in settings and all that. I still have not found any solutions to this unholy problem. I would like some assistance. and for all you people that say something like, "Oh its simple, any ***** can go into this and do that and it should be fixed. only dumbasses wouldnt know how to fix it" look: I am sorry for not being a Geek. geez get over your Egotistical Attitude and help people instead of killing them. yeah. you could be spending that Hate to Helpfullness.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I hope you haven't had any encounters here that made you feel that way. We generally try to foster a sense of community and helpfulness.:) If you ever feel that another member is treating you with disrespect, tap the Report button (on the desktop site, it's the triangle with the exclamation mark), and it will be brought to a Moderator's attention.

Let's start with a basic question -- can you make sure that the headphone plug is pushed in all the way? Sometimes, if a headphone jack is pretty tight, the user might not be aware that they haven't pushed in the plug all the way, or perhaps they were afraid to push it in with any kind of force. You should feel or hear it click into place.

By the way, I moved the thread to the HTC One X forum, since it was originally in the more general HTC One Series forum.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I also found this on the Beats site: https://www.beatsbydre.com/support/info/product-compatibility. It specifies that for Earphones and Headphones, the built-in remote/mic is "compatible with Apple iOS devices but varies with other brands or products." The AT&T page for the product also mentions it. The configuration of headphone jacks across devices is not exactly the same (don't ask me why), so incompatibility can arise. That might be your issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz