Text message when a voice mail is left

lelu_00

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
mother ****ers!!! Got it ! thanks no help tech support losers!

go into text settings > spam filter>add spam phrases>type in voicemail

DONE!!!!

Starlight0106

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone have any problem with there voicemail that goes to your text is because I have straight talk phone and was wondering if it's on all kinds of phone, I do not like it when I get a text message when I get a voicemail.

gth826a

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
spoke with VZW customer support last night trying to fix this problem. It is a feature of Visual Voicemail and since all Android/VZW phones now come preinstalled with it unfortunately you can't uninstall it even IF its not activated at the moment. The only way to get rid of this notification is to get rid of ALL notifications. So no email/text/mms/FB messages notifications will be present. I'm HOPING its just a demo to see if you like the service and after "x" amount of days it turns off but Im guessing either go with Visual Voicemail so its stanard or suffer through it. >_< I dont mind the part about the voicemail text notifcation as much as getting a text saying I have no voicemail if I log in to clear it. I already know there's no messages as I just logged in and erased them. I dont need to be told that I logged in and there's no voicemail. Thats a beyond stupid feature... If anyone finds a different way around this please share as its pissing me off.

[UPDATED]

[Using Custom Rom with Nougat 7.1 on Galaxy S3]

Try... long press & hold the text message within your messages list and, in Nougat at least, I get two (2) options:
1. "Notifications Turned Off" when pressing the 'bell with a slash through it'. [Received regular voicemail icon/notification in status bar, and an updated text message, but did not get a notification of receiving that text.]
OR
2. "Block" when pressing the 'circle with a slash through it'. [Received regular voicemail icon/notification in status bar, but did NOT receive a text message at all.]

Oddly enough, when you "block" the auto-text number I get a confirmation message that states: "You'll continue to receive messages from this number, but won't be notified anymore..."
This was not true in my case, and must be a flaw with the ROM... I did NOT receive any text message at all.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith