Cracked screen?

ashleyoatboat

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I was recently trying to take a picture of something above me, and the slick surface of this phone decided it wanted to stop being in my hand. It fell face-first onto the tile and now the lower portion of the screen is cracked. Luckily, I have a screen protector on there so the glass isn't moving, and all of the softkeys are fully functional. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to get the glass off and install a replacement screen.

SimAndy

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I was recently trying to take a picture of something above me, and the slick surface of this phone decided it wanted to stop being in my hand. It fell face-first onto the tile and now the lower portion of the screen is cracked. Luckily, I have a screen protector on there so the glass isn't moving, and all of the softkeys are fully functional. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to get the glass off and install a replacement screen.

Not easy at all despite what the places that sell you a screen might say.

The impression given is that you just need to warm it with a hairdryer and then gently pry the glass off. I can assure you this is not the case. I tried repairing my daughters and the screen and LCD came off together (they seem bonded) the LCD is so thing that it cracked when I tried to remove it from the touchscreen.

Bite the bullet and get it done professionally. I didn't and it cost me money rather than saving it. I still haven't got the phone back as the screens are on backorder. Where I work we have an electronics bench with heat guns, I wasn't just doing this on the kitchen table.

There are two different screens that can be on the Rhyme and you may be able to find out from HTC which yours has but they will need the ESN (IMED). By the time i found that out I had taken the phone apart and couldn't get the ESN and we had thrown the box out.

Sorry for bad news but I am in that boat at the moment and wishing I had left the phone working but with a cracked glass!!