When is the ICS Update coming to this neglected forgotten XL?

zeled

May 5, 2012
Visit site
No one really knows for sure.

First they said "Early 2012". However my understanding of "early" is somewhat out of sync with HTC ;)

Then in march they posted this : Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich Updates saying that they will push it out once HTC Sensation and XE was done.

Sensation XE got the upgrade, but nothing new on the XL model. Seems like HTC "ignores" those who'd already bought a phone and mainly focus on pushing out new models, thus trying to get us to buy a new phone, rather than to wait for an upgrade.
I got my XL phone shortly before ICS was launched from Google, and thinking "Hey, I got the latest model out, so i'm guessing this phone will be upgraded fast", oh boy did I get dissapointed.

This is not an HTC issue as I see other brands with Android uses the same scheme.
Next time im gonna buy a new phone, I will wait till a new android version is launched and buy a new phone with the new Android as it seems to be the fastest way to upgrade.

Do note, that even when HTC launches the ICS for Sensation XL, your carrier can postpone the update if they want to brand it.