The camera on the U Ultra is fantastic.. Yep, finally HTC have done it at last.. However, an issue Ive encountered is.. In Auto mode, you have the option of adjusting Exposure value by means of a slider on the screen without having to open Pro mode .. similar to the cameras on the Motorolas.

Now is it me or is anyone else having problems adjusting that slider once youve tapped the screen to focus.. So.. holding your finger on the focus ring and dragging up and down doesnt work, it just. activates the "AE and AF Lock"... or tapping the screen to focus then trying to re-tap on the Exposure bar.. doesnt work either, that just re-focuses somewhere else ..

In the camera settings there is "Touch to expose" toggle, but I want to be able to focus and set exposure independently and quickly

Has anyone else figured the skill yet or is it a bug?
    03-10-2017 12:41 PM
    I can confirm that behavior. Seems to be a bug. As for the camera quality: it's been a mixed bag for me. In low light, my iPhone 7 Plus' shooter is definitely better. In decent light, I'd say the Ultra is ahead.

What they have done, however, is speed. This is one fast SOB of a phone. I've just compared the load times for the apps between the Ultra and the iPhone 7 Plus and the Ultra came in first almost every time. It's blazingly fast.

Reception (both cellular and WiFi) is also absolutely fantastic. I get 4 bars of WiFi where the iPhone barely manages to hold on to the signal. Same goes for LTE
    03-10-2017 02:46 PM
    Im glad im not the only one, but Ive found the solution.. for now...

When you tap t9 focus, you have to re-tap that on- screen bar instantly.. 100th of a second lightning fast.. then drag.. So HTC need to increase that re-touch / re-tap to drag time... but ive posted a comment on their HTC Camera app on Play store.. maybe others could if you guys are having this same issue.. place a comment, so they fix it

I havent used an iphone since the iP6, but I agree Low light could use some work, but its a stunning come back from HTC and I dont regret my purchase one bit, best phone Ive bought in months.. and thats saying somethings.. I change phones ALOT

Ive always liked HTC ever since the ONE X days so lets just hope that this current "HTC hate" Samsung 835 SoC bu+t kissing that sweeping reviews at the moment dies out soon.. it would be nice to see HTC get some love ..
    03-13-2017 11:18 PM
    Like all HJTCs, connectivity is first rate, both Cell ane Wifi, I also get full 4 or 5 bars...
    zipro likes this.
    03-13-2017 11:19 PM