Phone turns off at 60% battery power

hippie_chick67

Mar 21, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone had this problem?
It used to shut off at below 20% but over the past few weeks the number has gotten higher and higher.
Tonight it shut off at 61% power.

When I plug it in - it still says it has that much power.

But sometimes I will be at 40% and then all of a sudden it will flash "battery low" and it drops to 0% and shuts off. When I plug it in though - it says it has 40%.

This is very frustrating! :confused:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That sounds like a failing battery. You'd have to bring it to a repair shop to replace the battery, or consider getting a new phone. Make sure you back up all of your important data NOW, before the phone can't even turn on.

Gigantums1405

May 25, 2019
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That sounds like a failing battery. You'd have to bring it to a repair shop to replace the battery, or consider getting a new phone. Make sure you back up all of your important data NOW, before the phone can't even turn on.

Mine keeps switching off with high battery charge. Only since last week. I'm not having the failing battery excuse, it is an update of some sort. It always is. Had too many phones and this happen to it. Now is the pain in the bum time of pinpointing what it is that's doing it. Even writing this now is making my phone get hot and battery is depleted 5%
This is just my opinion btw

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the phone is getting unusually warm, that can mean several different things:

1. There's an app that's misbehaving and running haywire in the background (a "rogue" app).
2. There's a glitch in the firmware.
3 Your cell signal is poor, and the phone is expending extra energy to maintain the signal.
4. Your battery is failing.

If the phone is switching off on its own after getting really warm, it may be shutting off as a protective measure. Does the battery level still show the same after you power back on, or has it dropped precipitously? If it has dropped a lot, that's a bad battery. If it's about the same, then you're right, it's more likely to be a problem with an app or with the system. Running the phone in Safe Mode for a while can help narrow things down further.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet