01-06-2018 03:55 PM
69 123
tools
    What'd they say about the speakers?
    No mention about boomsound but they did mention the Dac and outstading sound. honestly i figured all hope was lost on my yearly upgrade. then i read this review..... my fingers are crossed.
    jdunker26 likes this.
    11-01-2017 02:53 PM
    Phone of the year I reckon.
    freddyttt likes this.
    11-01-2017 04:54 PM
    Somebody had to have been able to grab that video before it was taken down.
    11-01-2017 07:36 PM
    C'mon HTC!!

I hope it has...

FULL Verizon compatibility
    High quality DAC
    Boomsound
    Great front and rear cameras
    High quality audio recording

I need something to replace my V20!
    11-01-2017 07:50 PM
    Not available in the US. Imagine that!! I was going to be an HTC customer again.
    11-02-2017 05:01 AM
    Not available in the US. Imagine that!! I was going to be an HTC customer again.
    Yet again, with such a strong market in North America, HTC keeps their best phone out of reach of their loyal customers. Here's my money....well?
    11-02-2017 06:38 AM
    Seriously like wth?!? Could have been the "best" phone this year and they won't release in the States?

It is a beast of a phone that's for sure.
    11-02-2017 08:56 AM
    Google doesn't want it competing with the Pixel 2 and XL. Just a guess on my part, but why else wouldn't they sell it here?
    11-02-2017 10:28 AM
    Google doesn't want it competing with the Pixel 2 and XL. Just a guess on my part, but why else wouldn't they sell it here?
    Huh? Wouldn't by that logic mean google doesn't want the V30 to compete either ?
    11-02-2017 10:53 AM
    You guys in America complain that they're not bringing the phone to the states but if they aren't selling handsets in good enough quantities then why should they bother?

At the end of the day they're a business (and a declining one at that) and if the predicted earnings are poor then who can blame them. Your carriers should be the ones to blame as their stranglehold on the handset market is what is killing these types of companies off.

You can say 'well why didnt they get a carrier deal, that would have sold devices' but setting up deals costs cash, one which HTC does not have a lot of.

(n.b. yes I am aware of the recent aqusistion of talent going to Google which has injected cash into the company however this deal would have been done far too late to have any effect on the U11+).

All I can say is that HTC are making sure they are catering to those who actually buy their phones and are able to sell the device with the least amount of hoops to jump through which they are well within their rights to do.

Hopefully they are able to negotiate deals for the U12 or whatever the 2018 flagship is called on the carrier side but if you're desperate you are always able to import the phone from the UK or other countries....we do live in a global market.
    11-02-2017 11:11 AM
    You guys in America complain that they're not bringing the phone to the states but if they aren't selling handsets in good enough quantities then why should they bother?

At the end of the day they're a business (and a declining one at that) and if the predicted earnings are poor then who can blame them. Your carriers should be the ones to blame as their stranglehold on the handset market is what is killing these types of companies off.

You can say 'well why didnt they get a carrier deal, that would have sold devices' but setting up deals costs cash, one which HTC does not have a lot of.

(n.b. yes I am aware of the recent aqusistion of talent going to Google which has injected cash into the company however this deal would have been done far too late to have any effect on the U11+).

All I can say is that HTC are making sure they are catering to those who actually buy their phones and are able to sell the device with the least amount of hoops to jump through which they are well within their rights to do.

Hopefully they are able to negotiate deals for the U12 or whatever the 2018 flagship is called on the carrier side but if you're desperate you are always able to import the phone from the UK or other countries....we do live in a global market.
    They could sell it unlocked here. The problem is HTC has not brought a really good phone until the U11. The last good phone they made before that was the M8. Maybe if they brought this awesome new U11+ they'd actually sell some units and get more of a presence.
    11-02-2017 11:13 AM
    Any words on unlocked version?
    11-02-2017 11:20 AM
    They could sell it unlocked here. The problem is HTC has not brought a really good phone until the U11. The last good phone they made before that was the M8. Maybe if they brought this awesome new U11+ they'd actually sell some units and get more of a presence.
    The HTC 10 was a decent phone, just a little late to the game but I don't think it sold well either. HTC is a dying company within the mobile scene and I don't think there is any hope of them ever reaching the heights it once felt a few years ago.

I can agree that the phones they have produced recently (barring the U11) have been awful which could be said to have contributed to their downfall. The only was I think HTC was going to bring the U11 Plus to the US was if they saw massive gains from the U11 which they simply haven't albeit the numbers sugget higher sales for the U11 compared to the 10.

HTC’s July revenue is in: the U11 may already be losing its momentum | HTC Source

Selling a phone unlocked to a niche market in the US obviously isn't worth it for them.
    11-02-2017 11:23 AM
    Google isn't buying out LG, like it is (reportedly) buying out HTC.
    11-02-2017 11:58 AM
    but if it really was the original pixel 2xl it makes since why it wouldnt come out in america
    11-02-2017 01:28 PM
    HTC is run so poorly its laughable. they were top dogs then blew it... then after struggling along came the HTC ONE... WOW. then what . yep blown again... like i said, they have no idea what they are doing !!
    11-02-2017 03:31 PM
    Thread moved to the HTC U11+ forum.
    11-07-2017 01:43 PM
    Not sure where to put this post but has anyone in the UK received their U11 Plus yet?
    12-10-2017 10:31 AM
    Liscon, I assume you have received now as they are back in stock?

Ordered one tonight to replace an international LG G6, hope the audio is as good as stated.
    01-06-2018 03:55 PM
69 123